Haris Vučkić: Back in the spotlight with goals and Manchester United rumours.

Posted on April 21st, 2010 | 162 Comments |

Vučkić: He shoots, he scores!
Vučkić: He shoots, he scores!
Newcastle United’s most precocious young talent, Haris Vučkić, has been back in the spotlight after several month on the sidelines with injuries to both his knee and his ankle. Firstly, he has reputedly been attracting interest from no lesser team than Manchester United, and secondly he scored the first goals since his layoff, two in the reserves fixture with Huddersfield; but more on that story later.

Speaking on the reported interest from the Red Devils, Vučkić commented to the Slovenian ‘Ekipa’:

“I heard the news about United wanting me, but if I’m honest, then I must confess I haven’t had any contact with them. I only know what was written in the press.”

Slightly worringly, he then went on in words that were somewhat more reminiscent of an agent than a 17 year old youngster:

“But of course I’m really flattered. It is a great honour to be associated with such a big and marvellous club.

“And yes, it is hard to say no to Alex Ferguson, who has a reputation of working very well with young players.

“But really I don’t want to bother about such rumours. I’m just glad that I can play football again.”

On his recent injury hell, which left him on the sidelines for over five months, he concluded:

“I was out injured for six months and that was the hardest thing in my life,”

“Now I am enjoying myself again. And of course we are champions and promoted to the Premier League, so these are good days for Newcastle United.

“My only wish for now is that I could play against Ipswich Town. That would be really something after all the problems I’ve had.”

‘Udders rout.

Meanwhile in a runout with the Reserves, Vučkić scored twice in a 5-1 demolition of Huddersfield Town’s reserves at Whitley Park. It was ‘The ‘Udders’ who struck first, with a goal from Jack Hunt. However there was then a deluge of goals from the second string Magpie team. Vučkić scored the first, collecting a long ball before bursting through two Huddersfield defenders and banging it in the onion bag in a clinical fashion. Then, after another goal from Newcastle youngster, Paul Dummett, Vučkić score yet again, this time with an easy one yard tap in from a Wesley Ngo Baheng volley. Two further goals followed from Callum Morris and Phil Airey to complete the rout.

NUFCBlog Author: workyticket workyticket has written 1055 articles on this blog.

1. Doesn’t seem too bad to me like, He’s right.

It WOULD be hard to say no to Ferguson, you’ve all seen what he’s done with the youngsters he nurtures. Doesn’t mean he’s leaving really.. and it also doesn’t mean theres ANY ounce of truth in it, who believes the Daily Mail these days?

2. Being we are the league winners and promoted, yeah why not let the youngsters get a taste.
    After all what do we have to lose, other than an insignificant game or two.
    I`m sure the fans would love to see a side composed of some of our up and coming youngsters and what better stage.
    May even solidify there attitude to-wards the club and give them an opportunity to both strut their stuff and experience what it could be like to play in front of forty odd thousand geordie fans, cheering them on.
    Hey why not !

3. toonsy thats the hole point! they are all getting pissed off which they shouldnt be. becasue ch doesnt even bring them off the bench and give them 20-30 minutes when the game is safe. me and u had the thing with ranger saying his attiude had changed thats why he wasnt on the bench. to me what had he done wrong at the start when every1 was injuried he played and never let us down looked are best player holding the ball up. then he gets that villa player on loan then best and kept playing them when they were doing nothing then he became the 5 joice striker i would be pissed off as well. these young players are getting the same treatment and if it doesnt change we are going to lose them look at kader why isnt he playing instead of that QPR player.

4. What have we too lose, our unbeaten run at home for a start, plus the chance to break the 100 point barrier & the biggest one would be to put another one over that smarmy git Keano, shame a loss to us wouldn’t get him the sack, though I wouldn’t want Ipswich to get relegated becuase of us, as Sir Bob wouldn’t be too please…. so not much to lose really is there.. lol

5. Asim kind of reinforces my point in the last thread, nobody gives Hughtoin credit for anything.

Do you not think that maybe he does see a lot more of them in training than we see? Perhaps they just don’t match up to more physically adept players in our squad, the kind they would be facing week in week out.

6. Rudolph buys other teams young ‘uns, especially in recent years.
    Who have they brought through from their own academy that are world beaters-RECENTLY?
    Don’t say fletcher, please.

7. & the very last thing CH should start doing now is appeasing the crowd.
    Bad move.
    Have we learned anything?

8. what does he see in a five man midfield with 4 central midfielders who are slow. so u think ranger and kader are not good enough when they have been good when they have played.

9. I am sure if he signs for man united he will get along well warming the bench with Owen.

If anyone wants to leave SJP I say pack your bags and get the fook outa town…I don’t care who they are !!

10. a good player he “may” turn out to be but if his heed is not right after 6mths out what will his heed be like after 10-15 games if he thinks m/u is the bees knees,we have a great team spirit now we have got a lot of dead-wood out,do we really want to start another fire,have to keep a eye on this one

11. I don’t think giving Vuckic half an hour is such a ‘risk’ as some people are implying on here. The lad is class and surely better than Barton (on the left flank) for the last portion of the game. Personally I think it will achieve one of two things, calm the lad down abit and show him that he isn’t going to come on against first teams and boss the game like in the ressies. Also it will give him some appreciation of what a big club he is allready at, (playing in front of 50,000 and that he doesn’t need to go to a club where he will get 5 mins here and there for many years at least.

12. A lot of harsh comments for young Vuckic here. What do you expect him to say about rumours from a shite tabloid and translated from Slovenian. He and we all knew he was being linked with Man U and Real Madrid over a year ago. However, that was probably a rubbish rumour too. Give the lad a chance.

13. asim says:
    April 21, 2010 at 3:06 pm

“what does he see in a five man midfield with 4 central midfielders who are slow. so u think ranger and kader are not good enough when they have been good when they have played.”

Right, so that’s;

Doesn’t play kids enough? Check.
    Tactics are wrong? Check.
    Team selection wrong? Check.

You are proving my point endlessly asim. Here we are, on the verge of going unbeaten at home for the first time in over 100 years, breaking the 100 point barrier, unbeaten in 6 months, and Hughton gets it worng?

Wake up man. Will Hughton be a success in the future? Who knows. Has he been a success this season? Yes, a roaring one, and to doubt what he has done this season is ridiculous. He has picked teams to win games, we have done that. Now lets see if he gives the youngsters a go.

14. SJT,here here m8,does he really think hes ahead of the likes of gibson etc etc at this stage of the game,as i say heeds not right

15. paper stories just looking to rile things up. wasn’t it barca and real madrid at some point last season? pretty sure he was also linked with inter and ac milan at one point over another over the last year.
    any young talent with lots of potential is going to get rumors flying.

16. I haven’t seen a Newcastle team with more team spirit a real togetherness, lack of major prima donna’s, hard working attitude and as well organized defensively since the Bobby Robson days.

For those reasons alone he deserves a contract.

Chris has done a superb job this season, many thought Newcastle would do a ‘Leeds’ but I knew we would be promoted in the end as the cream always rises to the top in the Championship. Chris is saying all the right things about buying the right kind of players to not only stay in the premiership and to re-establish ourselves. With 4-5 class players I believe we can finish in the top 10 as I don’t think Blackburn, Birmingham and even Fulham will be able to compete with us next season.

We don’t need or want prima donna’s we need to learn from what’s happened to our club, yes Mike Ashley should have some of the blame but I blame the culture at Newcastle United more than Mike for our demise. We became obsessed with having so called ‘big names’ which is all well and good but some of these big names are mercenaries like Owen, Viduka, Martins I want to see us buy players who would give anything to be here from now on and that way they can grow with the club and thrive at the club. Look at Tottenham, Aston Villa and Arsenal as good examples of this strategy.

Best of luck in the premiership Chris and the boys!!!

Thanks for everything this season! As Nolan said himself ‘Newcastle are back where they belong’

Job done for now!

17. ch wont last 2 months sack him now! b4 u lot eat your words he is sh..t! any manager would get this lot up with are wages and players. which club in that league would have not liked to be us. these players had no joice but to get them selves back up for their reps or they would have fu.ked off anyway if we hadnt.

18. I would rather give the youngsters a run out than attempt to break forgetable records in the second tier.
    Face it who`s gonna say, “Hey we broke the hundred point mark in the fizzy”, well perhaps Cyprus-Toon may ?
    Right now everyones in a good mood, doubt if would be upsetting for them to see what could be part of the future out on the pitch strutting their stuff, even if they lost.

19. ASIM
    You got spell check ?
    Anything positive concening either CH or the side you would care to comment on ?

20. asim says:
    April 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm

“ch wont last 2 months sack him now! b4 u lot eat your words he is sh..t! any manager would get this lot up with are wages and players. which club in that league would have not liked to be us. these players had no joice but to get them selves back up for their reps or they would have fu.ked off anyway if we hadnt.”

Doesn’t play kids enough? Check.
    Tactics are wrong? Check.
    Team selection wrong? Check.

And now….

Anyone could get this team up. Check

We have a full house. WINNER WINNER WINNER.

21. I would have liked to see the kids more this year as well, but don’t you think Ashley made it clear to CH that it must be promotion at all costs this year?

That being said, I wouldn’t worry too much about Vuckic’s words. For one, he is only 17. Secondly he hasn’t been in England for long so who knows how good his english is.

That being said, we need to give him a run out. Perhaps that possibility has already been discussed with him which is why he mentioned the Ipswich match???

22. Thing to remember with Vuckic is that CH rates him very highly. He said so publically back in September. He also had him training with the first team back then when he was just 16. Of course the kid would like to start against Ipswich. Know anybody who wouldn’t? Ryan Taylor? Best?

23. MDS – And maybe that is why he came off at 60 minutes last night? To give him a rest for a Saturday? Hopefully..

24. No one ‘has’ to be played, especially if they say they do.
    They play for us, not the other way round.

25. I hope he gets a run out before the end of the season as he’s shown bags of potential from the admittedly little I’ve seen of him.

Vuckic reminds me of myself when I was a kid at the town. And that’s saying something…

26. these are the same players who got us relegated and we are back up what has changed nothing apart from we are in the prem. every1 thinks we have a good side why because it doesnt come close to the side that had us relegated. so what people are going to say this and that but we have only got 4 players the rest donkeys and 2-3 good youngsters i would keep the rest say thanks lads for getting us up and bye bye.plus the players we got in are ccc players who couldnt hack it at other prem clubs and who have never played at that level.

27. asim
    Can you excentuate the positive and negate the negative.
    Line from an old song !
    C`mon I know you have sumpin positive to relate to us !

28. Oh yea!
    Let’s buy a whole new team & sack the rest, whatever the cost.
    FFS asim, as if!

Un-F***ing-believable!

That’ll work.

Wake up to reality F.M.

29. well hasnt worked for 10 years! so why couldnt it work! we should have nobody like ch at the club they are just dead would get rid of all back room staff and give it a go. new players and staff get in the real world we are going nowwhere with this sh..t always out played by ccc sides getting lucky by them missing chances do u realy think that prem clubs will miss them chances. thats the difference between top 7 of the prem and the rest which we are doing to teams in the ccc league.

30. asim – Top 7 of the prem, your having a laugh.

We aren’t even trying to compete with the top 7 next season. Our aim is to simply stay up.

Feck me, no wonder we get called delusional with comments like that!

31. if u read what i said! i said that top 7 prem clubs take their chances and the rest dont. so we are doing the same as they are in the ccc league. thats why we are top. i said we are crap so how could i say we are a top 7 side prem side read what i said next time.

32. Howay man,
    i’ve seen plenty of bad misses in front of goal in the prem this season.
    rooney, berbetov, bentner, agbonlahor, carew, bent(ha),
    lampard, gerrard………….Tell me when to stop.

That’s a fallacy & an urban(pundit) myth.

33. Well why mention the top7 but conveniently forget the other 12 clubs then? That means you are comparing us to the top 7 clubs.

Even if you write off both games against the top 7 it leaves 24 games against team that we can try to pick points off. Thats 72 available points, we only need around the 40 mark.

34. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 4:37 pm
    Howay man,
    i’ve seen plenty of bad misses in front of goal in the prem this season.
    rooney, berbetov, bentner, agbonlahor, carew, bent(ha),
    lampard, gerrard………….Tell me when to stop.

That’s a fallacy & an urban(pundit) myth.

You’re right CLiNT PL clubs do miss chances too, but the difference is they will create another one a couple of minutes later and then it will be scored.

Good players miss chances, but they don’t miss again and again and again – Yet they do create chance after chance.

35. Tell that to manu fans re: berbetov or gooners re: bentner
    etc.
    The top teams have lost far more games this term than ever.
    Partly due to not taking chances, partly dodgy defenses.
    Just cos the pundits to go on about it, doesn’t mean we can’t see it with our own eyes.

36. see u later lads me going to give les dennis his new script! its fu..king great all the jokes come from this blogg. no wonder he cant get any work. he keeps asking me what is going wrong i say it will be ok we are now in the premier league.

37. Fans of other teams say EXACTLY the same about their players as we say about ours & i meet plenty doon here.

38. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 4:47 pm

“Fans of other teams say EXACTLY the same about their players as we say about ours & i meet plenty doon here.”

Are you in London, Clint?

39. BIG DAVE you went off last night very quickly, told toonsy you had gone to count your money,just finished m8 :)

40. icedog says:
    April 21, 2010 at 4:59 pm

“clint/worky london is it, not to worry lads we all have our cross to bare”

Icedog, I love it here. Samuel Johnson was right, when you’re tired of London, you’re tired of life.

41. worky,
    would y’wanna?
    You been here long, i’m thinking yea on that one.

Aye ice,
    kingsX, charringX to name 2 mate. :)

42. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 5:06 pm

“worky,
    would y’wanna?
    You been here long, i’m thinking yea on that one.”

Since about 1993, Clint. We’ll have to meet up sometime.

43. Weird worky,
    about the same for me like.
    Sounds like a long time, now i see it in writing.

Aye mate, don’t see why not like.

44. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 5:18 pm

“D’y’ever get back up north worky?”

I go to see my brother near Whitby every now and again. I’ve been up to Newcastle for the odd game this season, but I mostly see them away now.

45. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 5:17 pm

“Weird worky,
    about the same for me like.
    Sounds like a long time, now i see it in writing.

Aye mate, don’t see why not like.”

What brought you down then, Clint?

Do you ever get down Crouch End way?

46. WORKY nay jokeing m8,worked/lived,aussie,n/z,denmark,germany,short spell big apple ect,done my stint i think,some places got hard to get word on toon in them days like

47. For those on here calling for all the youngsters to be played may i remind them of the carling cup exit against the great Peterborough united . CH picked a load of them for that game and look what happened , it was men against boys . Thats the reason most have not had much of a chance this season and now we are in the premiership they could very well be loaned out next season to ccc or division 1 clubs to gain the expirence they will need to break into the first team .

48. Stephen Ireland= 8m
    Michael Johnson= 6m
    Nedum onuoha = 5m
    19m
    A RB a quality midfield duo, sorted !

49. Jesus. The most exciting place I have worked is Belgium, although i’m hoping to get to Japan at some point ;)

50. worky,
    i’m not that far from you, down in old Kentish Toon.
    I think the 134 takes you to Crouch End from K Toon, is that right?
    Or Croosh Onde( in french accent, lol) as we say.

Well mate,
    me & mrs FLiCK moved south for something to do really.
    Being in the music biz, there’s a hell of a lot more craic down here.
    What about you man, what brought you this way?

51. Workey
    Could`nt exactly remember the words, knew you would`nt be able to resist, not just Bing but an old standard sung by everyone.
    Jogged my memory though, there was a program dedicated to Bing crosby on Radio Luxemburg during the fifties which my parents insisted on listening too, named Bing Sings (catchy eh !)but hey hip was hip in it`s time or then probably hep !

52. Toonsy (Igor)
    Johnson, yeah believe he had some injuries and yeah saw him play this year, did look a bit on the chunky side.
    But the kid was quality and is still young, just a matter of getting fit, match practice, doubt if he has lost his skills.
    Could be a bargain due to injuries and layoff, believe he would be a good buy.

53. toonsy says:
    April 21, 2010 at 5:53 pm

“Crouch End? Not a million miles away from where I am off to later, Seven Sisters.”

What ye deein’ in Seven Sisters, Toonsy?

Clint, I know the 134 goes through Kentish Town, but I think it just kind of scrapes past the edges of Crouch End. It’s more Muswell Hill I think? It goes past Dennis Nilssen’s old place on Cranleigh Gardens too.

54. Chuck,
    aye mate,
    players with something to prove/play for. Slight seconds or
    barely discernible shop soiled are the ones that could work out.

55. Talking about London, loved living there in the late seventies, until Maggie made the scene.
    Theres an expression here in NY, if your not in NY you are outta town!

56. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 6:07 pm

“toonsy,
    what y’up to in seven sisters mate?”

The Toyota dealer on Seven Sisters Road is my next target for an overnight audit. Going to try to take in the Edgeware Road dealership aswell as there are a lot of issues that need resolved there and whilst I am down there I may aswell kill two birds with one stone.

57. Chuck says:
    April 21, 2010 at 6:09 pm

“Jogged my memory though, there was a program dedicated to Bing crosby on Radio Luxemburg during the fifties which my parents insisted on listening too, named Bing Sings (catchy eh !)”

I remember the phrase, Chuck. I think he used it quite alot. My father was completely obsessed, and thanks to him, I’m a bit of a Bing expert without ever wanting to be!

Another he was mad on was Al Bowlly. Now I did like him, he was wonderful. That’s who he got to see him off at his funeral.

58. toonsy says:
    April 21, 2010 at 6:27 pm

“The Toyota dealer on Seven Sisters Road is my next target for an overnight audit.”

Well if you’re ever in the area and fancy a drink or whatever. ‘Banners’ down here is really great if you’re hungry too. I’ll leave you my number in an e.mail.

59. Chuck says:
    April 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

“Talking about London, loved living there in the late seventies, until Maggie made the scene.”

I was a bit of an underage punk up north then, Chuck.

icedog says:
    April 21, 2010 at 5:55 pm

“WORKY nay jokeing m8,worked/lived,aussie,n/z,denmark,germany,short spell big apple ect,done my stint i think,some places got hard to get word on toon in them days like”

I’ll bet it was if it was a while ago, Icedog. I’ve been around a bit too though, and it’s amazing how many Magpie’s fans I’ve seen around the world, even places like Laos and Cambodia have ’em!

60. WORKY,Laos &Cambodia really, the mind boggles would like to have seen that,we think lifes short,think we take things for granted at times,i feel for them,they have it hard

61. Shit toonsy,
    that’s a lot mate.
    Get stuck in lad.
    That’s just a couple of miles from where i’m sat.
    Pop in & see worky mate.

62. On mentioning Bing have to admitt i love the old standards and have a collection of guys like Johnny Hartman,Nat Cole, Joe Williams and of course Ella and Helen Humes and others.
    Never tire of that particular genre.

63. icedog says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:01 pm

“WORKY,Laos &Cambodia really, the mind boggles”

Icedog, all the boring gloryhunting gets might like their ManUs and their Royal Madrids, but Newcastle United are the true team of the underdog! ;-)

64. worky,
    like it ‘royal madrids’.
    Aye, we’re still a working class team & no matter how many corporate boxes we have, i can’t see that changing anytime soon.

65. Whey hey,
    MA’s got the old england wc shirts on sale & added on tv.
    Get the cash rolling in & bit spent on the Toon ye bazza!.

66. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:05 pm

“Worky,
    you an old punka too then?”

I wasn’t old enough to be a proper one really, Clint. Ten years later was more my time. I went to a club in Manchester called ‘The Hacienda’ then someone gave me one of these things, and I went a bit gaga for a few years.

67. Aye,
    the old disco biscuits. Lol!
    Hey, we’ve all been down that road, haven’t we?
    Haven’t we?

I’m more into the playing side of things, rather than the listening.
    I just love strumming the old axe!

68. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:21 pm (

“worky,
    like it ‘royal madrids’.”

Their called “Royal” or “Real”, but really they were built into the team they are now by a fascist dictator, Franco.

69. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:07 pm

“toonsy,
    you have’ta do that every year then?”

Nah, just a once in a while sort of thing. Once it’s done though, any issues I have picked up that need sorted will have to be checked to see if the work has been done. If it hasn’t then deliveries will be suspended until they get any issues fixed.

When suspension happens issues soon get fixed as it becomes the dealer responsibilty to arrange delivery via courier, at their cost!

70. CLINT,we have it good really footy wise,how do the fans of the likes of teams in lower lge feel, turn up week after week knowing that they might move up one if there lucky,sniff of canny player and hes gone,real football fans i feel

71. worky,
    aye mate.
    The same franco that when a certain herr hitler met him left saying: ‘I’d rather have teeth pulled than meet him again’.
    A bitter indictment if ever i heard one. :)

Their history is the perfect reason to ‘not like’ them, or what?

toonsy,
    can you get us a nice, clean, cheap motor then?

ice,
    i got a few mate down here that support ‘proper’ teams, the ones they grew up with.
    AFC wombles, Gills, Leyton.
    Top lads & a breath of fresh air to chat football with.

72. Nice one toonsy,
    Love the Clash & had the honor to play with Joe at the Mayfair back when. What a guy!

73. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:31 pm

“I used to help a friend put on ‘underground’ parties a few years back-Heady days!”

I started doing underground parties in the early nineties, Clint. That was about five minutes after I came down to London.

74. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:37 pm

“toonsy,
    can you get us a nice, clean, cheap motor then?”

If you get a car made by the certain Japanese car company Toonsy works for, and it’s made in Japan, you won’t go far wrong, Clint.

75. Worky,
    mental mate.
    I can’t believe that we ain’t met already.
    I bet we have mutual friends.

April 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm

77. Worky,
    aye man, i’m going for japanese next time.
    Although my sporty, black SEAT is canny like.

Aye,
    do they make them up in s*land, the japanese ones that is?
    That would put us off like.

78. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:45 pm

“Worky,
    mental mate.
    I can’t believe that we ain’t met already.
    I bet we have mutual friends.”

It wouldn’t totally surprise me, Clint. Are you a musician?

79. Always get lost in London, which actually was quite good fun last time I was there – Just found a pub and got pissed in Knightsbridge.

80. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:50 pm

“Worky,
    aye man, i’m going for japanese next time.
    Although my sporty, black SEAT is canny like.”

81. Stuart,
    the longer y’here, the smaller it gets.
    You can always find a pub to fall into too.

82. CLINT,talking music met a guy in spain about 8yrs ago while my son lived there,just sitting on beach front playing his guitar,had my mouth open,sat for hours just watching he was magic,had played in the kremlin (russ)with urie heep,his best mate was r.wood of rolling stones used to send pre-cd of there new release albums for his take on them he was about 40yrs,just wanted to be out of the game had enough.shame what a talent

83. Stuart79 says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:55 pm

“Always get lost in London, which actually was quite good fun last time I was there – Just found a pub and got pissed in Knightsbridge.”

Well if you ever down again and you want to know some good places to go, Stuart…

84. Aye y’can’t fault the japanese when it comes to making stuff, their musical instruments are excellent too.

hey ice,
    i wonder who that was like?

85. CLINT,dont know m8 only know his name was dave,lived close to my son,he used to set out about 3hrs before sunset play till sun went down,i had a few drinks with him after like a few times,no way would he let you buy a drink for him,it was a low key place,used to laugh odd people would drop money down for him,end of night he got up left money there great guy

86. CLINT once told him i like some eagles stuff,he said like these rattled there top4 numbers off,to me better than they played them

87. CLiNT FLiCK says:
    April 21, 2010 at 8:05 pm

“Aye y’can’t fault the japanese when it comes to making stuff”

You can fault them when it comes to Prisoner of War camps, like!

88. I’ve never seen this lad play, any good?

I’ve got another song for you, to be sung to the tune of Yellow Submarine:

“We won the league in The Yellow Stripey Shirt, The Yellow Stripey Shirt, The Yellow Stripey Shirt”

Repeat until hoarse

89. Icedog @ 63 Sorry I never answered ye, I wasn’t being an Ignorant c*nt it was just that I was away to get some dinner before doing a bit of work ;) . As for lastnight mate I was just keeping my head down, maybe catch ye tomoro Buddy if not good luck for Friday hope all go’s well ;)

90. Stuart79 says:
    April 21, 2010 at 7:49 pm

“As long as it’s not Toyota and they have glue on the bottom of the accelerator pedal!”

Factually incorrect.

April 21, 2010 at 7:59 pm

“He works for the big one whose name begins with “T” (or “L” for the fancy ones), Clint. I think they’re made in Wales over here. The one that are actually made in Japan are the best ones though.”

The engines are made in Wales, just. The cars themselves are made here in the Midlands, near Derby.

92. BBB – that was based on our Premiership income tho – TV money etc.

Still, spending just the one season in the CCC shouldn’t have made too much of a dent, I hope.

93. Mick-I can’t deny I had a right chuckle to myself when I heard that on the radio!..also, who the bloody hell has been calling for capello to select him!? Lol. Nee one english or a supporter of any other team than Wigan that’s for sure!

94. Eastend-dunno if we’ll see owt to do with the kit today like. Word on here was that 300 or so selected fans were going today to take part in a “launch”. I wondered whether they were maybe going to do some sort of photo shoot and release the pics at a later date. Maybe get the team out on the field in the kit with fans behind them in a stand for some sort of “toon army” advertising campaign for our season back in the pl?..that’s my guess anyway lol. Dunno why they’d get so many along if they weren’t going to take part in advertising, a photo being the obvious choice when there’s that many of them involved!

95. to be fair NZogs looked good against arsenal at the weekend, great goal as well – he’s still a french whinging git tho

96. stevep-Nzogbia on his day was a canny player with us I thought. He could turn it on and make people look daft at times. His end product was never brilliant but he was younger and it’s obviously something you can work on. Like you say, he just had a rotten attitude. Insomnia still makes me laugh aswell, fantastic mix up.

97. Cullen-Thats one of the nicest i’ve seen aswell! If you have a browse, you’ll probably be able to find the Puma 10/11 templates? Maybe kits that they’ve already previewed/released that other clubs will be wearing in the coming season, might give a better idea on what we’ll be choosing from?

98. Yeah good shout, i’m guna find a list of whose kits they’re doing this year n see what I can find…

99. I just googled puma kit 10/11 season the other day and found quite a few. I know they do spurs, I think they’re doing burnley but that might be a comemorative thing meaning it would be an individual design. Just a quick google search is probs your best bet, I ended up with a list of blogs for numerous teams with first look pics at potential new kits.

100. Soh! the worlds twentieth richest club is rumored to be about to spend big.
    It`s rumored we will go after that famous Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adams, with a block buster 1.5m bid.
    There`s gonna be no holding back this window, going for broke.

101. The worlds former 20th richest club ;)

Just thought I would correct people before they get carried away.

102. What makes you say that (former richest)the anouncement mentions surprise entrant Newcastle United after being relegated last year.
    Seems clear enough, or am I getting carried away ?
    Does`nt anyone want us to be the rich club we supposedly are ?

103. *Were. Rich club we supposedly were.

All of these rich list things are based on last season where we had PL money, PL TV money, PL crowds.

This season, crowds are still down around 20% despite remaining higher than what a lot of people thought. TV money is down 80%, we don’t get PL money etc etc. All that combined means that if the rich list things were compiled now, like as of currently, or even based on this season, then we would be nowhere near the top 20.

104. toonsy says:
    April 22, 2010 at 4:08 pm

Aye Toonsy, all true. But to put in in the simplest possible terms, our revenue was cut in half when we got relegated, and we were half the size that we were on that list.

105. Erik huseklepp, the young type of player we want…well not sure how reliable the source is lol anyway 24 , norwegian club, EPL gotta be his dream…..comp video nicked from youtube

106. *Were. Rich club we supposedly were.