Taylor and Nolan to leave Toon? No chance.

These two are going nowhere.

These two are going nowhere.

The last few days have seen various media outlets peddling rumours about inbound transfers at Newcastle United. It has also been working the other way aswell, with a couple of players linked with moves away from the club.

As ever, one of those is Steven Taylor who seems to be attracting the usual transfer window gossip. You all know the drill by now. Aston Villa, Tottenham and probabaly Everton at some point will all be linked with a bid to tempt Taylor away from Tyneside. Perhaps a lot of it is being perpetuated by the fact that Taylor only has one year remaining on his current contract, something that will no doubt be talked about when the team return to pre-season training in early July. Chris Hughton has today had his say on Taylor:

“He’s a big talent and a local lad with the club at heart. I think everybody here is aware of the talent he’s got. We’ll always endeavour to keep our best players and he goes into that category”.

Taylor missed out on most of the second half of the season with a knee injury sustained against West Brom back in January, and was then allegedy involved in a training ground fracas that meant he would miss the rest of the season. He was fit to return with two games to spare though, although didn’t manage to make it onto the pitch as there was no point in risking him aggravating his knee and facing the possibility of missing pre-season training for next season.

“It’s been frustrating for him, but he will come back fit and fresh for next season and now has a chance to play pre-season,” Hughton added. “The lad has been unfortunate and picked up a bad injury.”

“That’s something every professional footballer will go through at some stage. Fortunately for us, we were able to cope without him. But you can’t forget the big part he played before he was injured.”

In the midst of all that however, rumours have surfaced regarding one of our old managers returning to Newcastle to poach one of his old players but now our current player, Kevin Nolan. Sam Allardyve is apparently mulling over making approach to sign Nolan for Blackburn and rekindle the link that they had together at Bolton.

Rubbish. Nolan has been one of our key men in the season just gone and now looks a certainity for at least becoming vice-captain next season in the Premier League. He has been outstanding for us this season, and you could argue that without his goals promotion may not have been as straight-forward as it turned out to be.

Allardyce is on holiday at the moment, but before his departure he naturally had something to say:

“I’m going to be in a place where you can’t get a signal on your mobile and there is no email access. I’m just going to reflect on what Blackburn have achieved this season.”

Most of you know what I think of Allardyce, and it’s very much a love/hate relationship. I love to hate him, particularly when he is having a pop at Newcastle and it’s fans. So from my persepctive, him spending time in a place that doesn’t allow him to communicate with the outside world is fantastic.

It’s just a shame it isn’t permanently like that!

avatar NUFCBlog Author: toonsy toonsy has written 643 articles on this blog.

150 Responses to “Taylor and Nolan to leave Toon? No chance.”

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I reckon if Big Sam or Anyone comes knocking with a wad of cash Micky will sell whoever he wants no questions asked.

We have already sent out vibes that we are skint so clubs will probably come poaching hoping for sports direct style bargains.

Ashley is :evil:

avatar Morale officer says:

Deep breaths SJT, things will be ok.

avatar workyticket says:

Toonsy, you’re number one and number in the Newsnow hit parade. Well done!

avatar Johno Toon says:

Cant see Nolan going but maybe taylor after the bust up but we wait n see

Okay Worky :?

Confused as to what that means? Obviously number 1 is top, but what in?

avatar toonsy says:

Johno – Admittedly it’s only in one of the local papers, but it reckons that the Taylor/Carroll thing is ancient ‘history between’ them.

toonsy says:
    May 21, 2010 at 3:08 pm

“Okay Worky

Confused as to what that means? Obviously number 1 is top, but what in?”

Most read stories in the past 24 hours, Toonsy.

avatar toonsy says:

Worky – Got it. No1 and 2 in the top stories bit :)

EDIT – I had the top 3 earlier :(

avatar AndrewT says:

I have a feeling that sjt is right. If somebody offers us enough money, Ashley will reach for the money. Here’s hoping that Jonas has a good, but not great tournament in South Africa!

avatar Johno Toon says:

Well that is very good to hear toonsy! Personally I hope Krul Taylor Vukic n Carrol will be the backbone of the club for years to come

avatar Widowmaker says:

At some point of his career, Taylor will leave, and it would not surprise if his “home town” club is not trying to challenge for, at least, a Europe place.

After all, none of us would want to stay at a company that does not share the same ambition with us, would we?
    He has served us well, and we must all respect his decision should the worst do happen.

avatar Morale officer says:

Good news toonsy, now if you can build on that platform we can cancel the leaflet campaign, marvelous.

avatar toonsy says:

Widowmaker – I think if Taylor does end up leaing, it will be down to a number of things.

1 – His Dad.

2 – Him wanting to go rather than the club selling him.

3 – The club knowing that he wants to go si we can get at least some moeny for him rather than letting him trot off on a free at the end of next season.

I think if he does end up leaving, then it will be this summer that he will go.

avatar MDS says:

May 21, 2010 at 2:44 pm
    ——————–

Why would he do that? There has never been any evidence presented that he has taken money out of the club. To the contrary, he has put loads in…

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Mick thinks only in £ signs and his mentality is Retail.
    i.e Buying and Selling of products in order to make a profit to fuel his passion for power and wealth.

I have no doubt if clubs came in with decent size wads,sales will be made, the whole squad still has a price on it’s head and if the money is good he will sell regardless if a player is local or wants to stay or CH and the fans want a player to stay etc etc….Cash is King in Cashley’s World,we are strapped (supposedly) and vultures love the smell of poverty and will come knocking for bargains sooner or later chaps.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

MDS-Why would he do that? There has never been any evidence presented that he has taken money out of the club. To the contrary, he has put loads in.

Is that why we are supposedly skit all the time…I was under the impression money he has put in is on loan until he decides to take the loan back?

Skint-Typo Sorry

May 21, 2010 at 3:49 pm

“Is that why we are supposedly skit all the time”

No Jason, that was combination of Freddy Shepherd and his cohort’s malfeasance and being relegated.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Good times under Fat Fred…never to be repeated under this regime Fella.
    Yes the board may have cut the cloth wonky or not accordingly but by christ did we enjoy the ride :)

Ashley bought no players in January,took the pi55 out of Keegan,lied to the media and fans repeatedly and got us relegated…not FFS.

May 21, 2010 at 4:13 pm

“Good times under Fat Fred…never to be repeated under this regime Fella.”

And they wonder why Geordies always seem to elect corrupt crooks who shaft them. Hey ho.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

The whole of Football is full of Crooks Worky…look at the debts in all the divisions ours wasn’t even that bad.

avatar Toon Chicken says:

SJT – times were not that great under FFS.

Things were great when he took over, yes, but he slowly bled the club dry and we got worse and worse as time went on – apart from a brief blip when Sir Bob took the reigns – until the fat cnut sacked him for his troubles.

Sure we had a few forays into Europe but our average league position under fat fred was something like 13th.

May 21, 2010 at 4:23 pm

“Mike Ashley-Er I bought a business costing millions but er forgot to do Due Diligence – Bollox a 13 year old economics student could have advised him that for crying out loud.”

So let me get this straight Jason, you blame Mike Ashley for being shafted by Shepherd and the Halls, and you’re praising the Shepherds and the Halls for taking the club to the brink of Administration?

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Now we find ourselves restrained,pockets zipped,wage caps,age caps,new 5 year models every 3 weeks,Arsenal Model,Birmingham,QPR, etc etc

To be honest I still don’t think the board have a clue what they are doing with a football club.

avatar workyticket says:

Jason, and you’re also blaming Mike Ashley for bailing the club out?

May 21, 2010 at 4:27 pm

“TC I am not saying things where perfect under FS – but the place was buzzing with expectation and excitement.”

It was a fool’s paradise, “fool’s” being the operative word.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Worky we wouldn’t have gone into administration-somebody would have bought us and the heritage just like MA did…it should have been sold but no Mike’s too Greedy and wanted way to much money…..so he is sticking around cos there’s money left in the old black and white cow yet :)

avatar toonsy says:

Not forgetting when Fat Freddie took over. We were 2nd in the country and had a £100 million cash surplus built up under John Hall.

Freddie frittered that away, and we ended up £70 million in the red, aswell as losing £30 million a year.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Toonsy I already said they cut the cloth not accordingly or wonky-but they where much more exciting times than now…by far.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I would have FS back tomorrow over this bunch.

avatar toonsy says:

I dunno, I would say the Shepherd years are a picture postcard of under-achievement SJT.

As TC said, the average place was lower mid-table, aside for 3 seasons under Robson and one flukey end of season finish under Roeder.

Every asset available was borrowed against under Shepherd, sponsor money gone etc. There was no room for manouvre anymore.

avatar Toon Chicken says:

SJT – i’m well excited about being back in the Prem.

To be honest I’ve been falling out of love with football for a few years now, but last season in the Championship reignited my passion.

We finally have a squad that look like they give a sh!t – something we have lacked for a long, long time.

I’m fully aware we’ll probably lose more games than we win next season but fcuk me am I looking forward to it!!! :)

May 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm

“I would have FS back tomorrow over this bunch.
    Nothing will come good under this mob-5 year plan of penny pinching and belt tightening around our necks more like.”

If I were a confidence man, Jason, I would really love to meet you.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I hope we kick ass this season and I am right behind the team…my gut feeling is poor investment summer and january….tuff season ahead especially as it seems our relegation rivals West Brom seem ready to invest a few million this season.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Hey I was just thinking who cares if we go down…it’s a 5 year plan we will have 4 years to get back up :)

Sir Jason,

If Mike Ashley charged 11% interest on his loans to the club, and took over £145 million out of the club, instead of putting it back in to save it, as Mike Ashley has done, what would you say about him then?

May 21, 2010 at 4:56 pm

“I don’t meet strange men usually..but can we chat on msn messenger and see if we are compatible first Worky?”

LOL. OK then, Jason. My nickname is “hung Stallion”. ;-)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Add me Worky – snaildick@msn.com :)
    Fingers crossed we are compatible haha.

He should be giving us money not lending it…it’s his business and he should treat it like one-does he lend sports direct money as well or just borrow cash when he needs to pay his oriental sweat factory zombies and stock up on crap gear?

avatar richietoon says:

You’ve overstepped the mark there SJT……Ashley’s gear is top quality ;-)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I will take your word for it Richie…more of a hi-tec and reebok classics man myself toped off with a snide Burburry Cap and McKenzie trackies (Elasticated of course-better for pinching cans of gas).

May 21, 2010 at 5:05 pm

“He should be giving us money not lending it…it’s his business and he should treat it like one-does”

SJT, there’s a reason why Ashley’s funding of the club has been arranged as a ‘soft’ loan, the same way as virtually every other football club owner does it. Cameron Hall charged 11% interest when they loaned money to the club. This anti ‘Cockney’ thing is just making Geordies a laughing stock, if they weren’t already.

avatar toonsy says:

SJT – Nowt wrong with a bit of Burberry, if it’s worn well ;) Or Acquascutum ;)

avatar richietoon says:

You can’t beat Bukta,Patrick and Asics tho mate.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Patrick done some awesome boots when I was in middle school I had Patrick Lima Keegan Swore by them :)
    My first Toon kit was the long sleeved bukta one from Stan Seymour Shop…loved that kit proper itchy like full on polyester job.

Seen the same top on ebay in mint condition a few months ago £150 BUYNOW !!
    Not be many around in mint condition they clicked very easily :)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

If you are a really wealthy bird then a hint of them labels is fine…they don’t suit working class people….I had all that gear in the 80′s…spent my first weeks wages age 16 on an £85 best company sweatshirt from reporter in town….happy days.

Had all the Gear me (when it was cool and not mainstream.

avatar richietoon says:

Same boots as I had quality,I could score screamers from 30 yards……..well maybe not,but tap-ins from 3 yards though :-)

avatar Chuck says:

What is the sorce of this information ?
    Hands up those who believe it, I wanna count.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

CIAO,LEMON,BEST COMPANY/POP 84,L’ALPINA/AUSTRAILIAN/CERUTTI,FARAH,ADIDAS GAZELLE/TRX 10/TRIM TRAB,G.VILAS,KICKERS ADIDAS,DAKS,ARMANI,BURBURY GOLFER JACKET…..Snappy as fook me was.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I don’t believe someone in business 25 years would buy a club from a dodgy scrap metal merchant and not do the due dilligence…especially if all my mates like his where lawyers and solicitor/finance types.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I Richie…Lima had blue stripes I had them and before I had the cheaper model with two orange stripes can’t remember the name though :(

avatar toonsy says:

Chuck – http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-evening-chronicle/2008/08/12/nufc-owner-mike-ashley-lifts-lid-on-takeover-72703-21516411/

Considering some of his mistakes since he took over, I reckon it is quite conceivable he never checked the books. He may have had a vague idea, but not the nitty gritty of the inner details of it such as loan repayment clauses etc.

Although it does beg the question, why was Hall so quick to shift the club whilst Shepherd was laid up in hospital?

avatar richietoon says:

Wasn’t there some with lime green stripes too?

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Remember getting my first adidas in the sale at fenwicks ’bout 1976…proper belters and german made…patent black leather white toe cap..looked like a prototype of sambas that became popular years later…but proper glossy leather.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Yup definatly Richie and white as well :)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

They must be doing well these days-they have a facebook group with 31 members :)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

You are doing better than this one Toonsy-No Fooka is on this one :)

avatar richietoon says:

Don’t do facebook anymore,it was getting me into a bit of bother with her who must be obeyed…nuff said ;-)

avatar toonsy says:

Rich – Well don’t trawl it looking for sex buddies then ;)

Chuck says:
    May 21, 2010 at 5:37 pm

“It`s become an urban legend, that Mike ashley did NOT do due dilligence when buying the club.
    What is the sorce of this information ?
    Hands up those who believe it, I wanna count.”

He really didn’t do DD. when he bought the club, Statler. The previous incumbents spun him a line about the sale having to be done in double quick time, with no time for that sort of thing. Then there was the thing that Fat Freddy wouldn’t sell under any circumstances. They did him, and the club up like a kipper.

avatar Chuck says:

From the same article it appears FFS had so missmanaged things,the club was in a downward spiral heading to-wards bankrupcy.
    Still it`s hard to believe a billionaire businessman would spend millions purchasing a football club, without doing due dilligence.
    Got to admit Hall must be some hustler, did the deal over a weekend, mmm, mmmm. !

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Aye my facebook was a random sex den ’til I went steady with the current girl…had about 350 birds on there all after a bit of the geordie legend…loved it,social me application was the best I lived on it for a while :)

avatar richietoon says:

I didn’t they were trawling for me.lol……whey lasses from the old school days,army days etc.It’s a bad bad website ;-)

avatar toonsy says:

Chuck – Aye, Ashley got done like a kipper by Hall.

Ashley does have a habit of buying things overnight though. When he bought Lilywhites it only took him a day to complete the deal.

avatar toonsy says:

Rich – I agree, facebook can be a very dangerous place ;)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Chuck…you make it sound like Mick met up With Hall down at FS’s scrapyard with a suitcase of used £50 notes…no business man would spend millions on a business without any kind of due dilligence….seriously Mike knew what he was letting himself in for when he bought the club.

SJT – Social Me :lol:

Same as mate ;)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Aye Toonsy…when joined FB my mates said welcome to the jungle,awesome if you are single and want to mingle with some random flange.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I lived on there Toonsy it was class…more random than a new tandem…..some filthy girls on there….yum yum :)

Chuck says:
    May 21, 2010 at 6:03 pm

“So, it appears John Hall was the one who hustled Ashley and the one who comes out looking good, as prior to FFS`s taking over, there was supposedly money in the bank.”

They also hustled alot of contractors when the big new stands were built at SJP too, but Geordies are as daft as a brush and they will swallow anything, so long as it’s from another Geordie who tells them to mistrust all folks from south of Chester-le-Street (ie ‘Cockneys’). :-)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Well that makes a change from contractors swindling clients…I worked for three years at carillion in recruitment and I have seen 1st hand what a corrupt bunch of tw@ts they are as are many others.

avatar toonsy says:

Bit of a generalisation there Worky. Not all Geordies are daft as a brush ;)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I used to go out with a bird from Lumley Castle…does that mean I have dated a cockney…uhhhhhhh Feel sick now :(

May 21, 2010 at 6:11 pm

“Well that makes a change from contractors swindling clients”

SJT, I’m not writing about huge companies, I’m writing about ordinary tradesmen and small businessmen who had far more trouble sticking up for themselves.

avatar Jarra Mick says:

We Luv the Tooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!

avatar jettson1971 says:

FFS was a bent/crooked scrap man, he was only interested in making money for the Shepherd empire, he may be a toon fan, but he got us in this mess!!

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Jettson-FS was a bent/crooked scrap man, he was only interested in making money for the Shepherd empire, he may be a toon fan, but he got us in this mess!!

Worky Ok say FFS Ripped off some local builders during the stadium build that happens in business and if it did that is not good-I don’t condone it or have any facts…but hold on a moment doesn’t Mike Ashley run sweatshops in some of the most impoverished places on earth exploiting the most vulnerable workers on the globe to make his business empire mega profitable?

avatar Chuck says:

SJT
    Is that a rhetorical question ?
    Yeah i`m sure it`s true, he`s one of many.
    Talking about sweat shop labor here.
    Put it down to that wonderfull pie in the sky called Globalization, sounds as innocent as collatteral damage, but is just as lethal.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Aye…you can plunder an Economy and turn it into 3rd world and get a top job at the IMF Now.

He should hang for treason.

May 21, 2010 at 6:36 pm

“And I take it your saviour Big Mick is coming to the rescue with his five year twaddle?”

Actually, he has already rescued us, Jason. As for the sweatshops, I don’t condone that at all, but most clothing companies do it unfortunately, even very expensive brands. Hugo Boss even used to use Concentration Camp labour to manufacture SS Uniforms. Our outgoing sponsors, Adidas, used to be a Nazi company and they also use sweatshops. The rag trade is nasty, and Mike Ashley certainly isn’t the worst of them.

avatar workyticket says:

SJT, our new sponsors, Puma, have also been linked with sweatshops, and both Adi and Rudi Dassler (the brothers who founded Adidas and Puma) were both Nazis.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Obviously a german company with it’s heritage there is going to be nazi in a nazi state I don’t think young Adolf would have let them have much say in the matter at the time.

It is like saying Smirnof is a raving communist drink…obviously the old commies got lashed on Smirnof back in the day :)

May 21, 2010 at 7:07 pm

“But Ashley has had a more detrimental effect on poor peoples lives than FFS in the big scheme of things Worky?”

Er,wasn’t it Freddy Shepherd who called Newcastle fans “mugs” because they paid a fortune for all the Newcastle United shirts that were manufactured for peanuts in sweatshops?

Seriously though SJT, the use of sweatshop labour is a highly complex issue which nearly all of us are culpable for to greater or lesser degrees. Though I certainly do not agree with some of Mike Ashley’s business prctices, to use it as an issue to beat Mike Ashley with is simplistic, opportunistic and somewhat hypocritical if you’ve ever worn stuff like Adidas, Nike, Puma, Gap and a host of other names. It goes much further than clothing too.

avatar toonsy says:

SJT – Where do you buy your food shopping from?

avatar noir9 says:

MA is a gambler, he thought he saw a bargain & rushed in without doing the checks,he took on what turned out to be a financial basket case & compounded the problems with some terrible decisions. We can point fingers & speculate as much as we like but the harsh reality is that without his money we would be knacked…..now unless someone can suggest an alternative solution is it not about time we moved on…a wound will never heal if you keep picking it.

May 21, 2010 at 7:16 pm

“You are not answering thew question Worky…..Has FFS Had a more detrimental effect on peoples lives than Mike Ashley?”

I’m a very busy gadgie SJT, I have a million and one things on the go over here!

BTW, I wasn’t implying that you specifically were a “hypocrite” there, the modern world makes hypocrites of all of us sometimes.

avatar Chuck says:

Sjt
    It`s part and parcel of how world trade takes place these days, not by any means condoning it.
    It`s part of an unworkable and inherantly evil system, known as capitalism, a system who`s god is the marketplace, who`s goal is profit and it`s engine greed.

Noir9
    Nobody rushes into multimillion pound deals without doing their homework first…not plausible in modern business sorry (maybe monopoly).
    His friends are all london city big wigs in law,finance etc you don’t think for one minute he could have asked for some advice before risking his money…what was the hurry anyway it wasn’t like people where cueing up at FFS Scrapyard throwing cash around like confetti ??

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Yeah ship all the jobs overseas,carbon tax any remaining business to get them to move as well and you have a beautiful green utopia :) Happy Days.

richietoon says:
    May 21, 2010 at 7:35 pm

“The sweat shops are terrible,but in alot of these countries if the child isn’t bringing money into the household they are abandoned are worse.So until the poverty in the countries involved is sorted the sweathops will remain unfortunately.”

It’s far more complex and interelated than that statement suggests, richietoon.

Anyway, the worst of them all in football are the Man City lot. They are proper evil.

avatar NorCal ToonFan says:

Bravo…

(Because I don’t know how to get the smiley face on here)

avatar NorCal ToonFan says:

no way…it’s that easy?

avatar sirjasontoon says:

NorCal…your application for moderator will be processed as soon as possible :)

avatar richietoon says:

True Worky but it would take all night to try and write it in a way that all the ins and outs were covered and I’d only end up confusing myself like I’m starting to do now ;-)

avatar richietoon says:

Yep Norcal it was that easy ;-)

NorCal ToonFan says:
    May 21, 2010 at 7:56 pm

“Well done lads…you’ve all taken a thread about Taylor and Nolan not leaving the Toon and their importance to the tame, and turned it into a nice long thread about Nazis and sweatshops.”

SJT’s fault for trying to defend Geordie Satan! :-)

avatar NorCal ToonFan says:

Sorry guys, I should’ve just let well enough alone…I started reading the thread, and by the time I got to thread 90, I just thought “WTF!” But, as always, you lot are very entertaining…why I keep coming back again and again.

I can’t wait to see where we go next…

On a totally different topic, since I have someone’s attention. If I were to get my wish and come over to Newcastle next year, where should I request a seat? The one time I’ve been, I sat about midfield in some pretty nice seats…about halfway up too. But I didn’t request them specifically, they were just assigned. I am just curious where the entertaining place to sit would be. Cheers all.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I will take the Blame Fella-sorry norcal it won’t happen again.

avatar Widowmaker says:

Toonsy,

I agree with you. Don’t think the club would risk anger more fans by selling him at this moment, espercially after “the statement”.

While it would be likely Taylor’s own decision, I’m sure the lack of ability/ambition would play a big part in it.

I am not saying the board should get trophy signings or whatever they call it, but you need to sign players of certain quality/calibre to show existing players that we are moving in the right direction. Don’t get me wrong tho, CH’s most signings look decent and perhaps useful in the EPL, but none of them are established EPL players and I would be worried if we keep doing this.

After all, while crafty is needed and perhaps something we already process, we do lack quality in some areas. ie. Midfield and Striker

Carrol did well, I must say, but EPL is something different and we know this by seeing an unstopable Ameobi in the Championship. Barton has all the ability needed, but we need a plan b after all those disappointments.

avatar richietoon says:

I prefer the Gallowgate NorCal as that’s where I’ve mainly been since I started going but if you want to be where most of the singing is done then level 7 north west corner is the place to be.It’s up a height though.

avatar Chuck says:

NorCalToonguy.
    Unlike some Stadiums St. James`s seating is decent in general, though you may develope a nose bleed and require oxygen in certain areas.
    Given my druthers i would have seats around midfield, back far enogh that wont be effected by rain, in the east stand.
    But on saying that almost any area is fine, though i have never been “up a height like”.

avatar NorCal ToonFan says:

Cheers, Richietoon. Not that I know a SINGLE song yet, but that would be fun to be around, I think. (I am know most of Blaydon Races…just not totally by heart). And, I dare say I wouldn’t offer up my Yank accent to taint the tunes. But, I bet it’d be fun to be there…at least once.

NorCal ToonFan says:
    May 21, 2010 at 8:07 pm

“On a totally different topic, since I have someone’s attention. If I were to get my wish and come over to Newcastle next year, where should I request a seat?”

You’ll probably get different answers from different people on that one, NorCal. If you want “atmosphere” (ie gadgies singing and shouting) you’ll probably want somewhere like Level 7 of the Leazes End, or the Gallowgate End, the traditional home of ‘real’ fans. Personally, I like it with the old codgers in the middle of the East Stand, because I like to watch the game properly in the middle, but not with the prawn stottie brigade in the middle of the Milburn.

avatar Widowmaker says:

the lack of ability/ambition of the board, pardon me

avatar richietoon says:

This might help you out with the songs NorCal

May 21, 2010 at 8:23 pm

“Norcal…just wear a stars and stripes jumper and shout Offence !! Defense (notice the american spelling learned that off uncle Ed Harrison).”

‘Offense’, SJT.

avatar Chuck says:

Light breeze @11mph, scattered sirius clouds (thats the high ins)wind out of the sse, with humidity @ 36% and the temp.@81F.
    Amstel time in the city, hasta la vista, muchacho`s.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I didn’t turn up for that lesson just the defense one Worky mate.

avatar NorCal ToonFan says:

Comedy SJT…very funny.

I’ll probably still sport the United kit, but maybe I’ll put a wee patch o the American Flag somewhere just to have some fun.

Besides, I am sure I’ll stick out anyway, so won’t need the stars and stripes like.

Thanks all for the suggesstions…now just to save my dimes so I can get a flight over.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

True fact as the Germans hated Coca Cola so Fanta was designed as a Nazi Beverage.

avatar Chuck says:

Can you get a side of pease puddin, with the prawn stottiecake, or is it just “haut quisine”.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Met up with Toon Army NYC a couple of years ago..it was the game against Villa when Martins hurt his leg…great bunch of lads and had a great time!

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Peas Pudding and Savaloy….and a warm amstel :)

May 21, 2010 at 8:33 pm

“Amstel Time Yup….Might have a Fanta on the rocks…did you know Worky that Fanta was designed by the Nazi’s?”

Yes, SJT. Did you know that Doctor Ed’s beloved IBM made alot of it’s money from a “strategic alliance” with the Nazi’s and collaborated with the Holocaust?

avatar Chuck says:

Norcal guy
    Whatever you wear, just dont make the mistake i made at the Boleyn.
    Bought an away ticket for the Hammers game @ St. James.
    Heading out the door in London, decided Hmm, may get chilly better carry a sweater.
    On searching for my seat wondered what the hostile stares were about.
    I then realized i was wearing a maroon sweater among a group of fans ALL wearing black and white strips.
    got a bit dodgy untill i spoke to the guy next to me.
    Then I heard “Nah he a stupid yank man”from then on it was ok. only a few head shakes.
    Ah well cant win em all !

May 21, 2010 at 8:37 pm

“Peas Pudding and Savaloy….and a warm amstel”

Saveloy dip is real Haute Cuisine.

Chuck says:
    May 21, 2010 at 8:48 pm

“Then I heard “Nah he a stupid yank man”

LOL. Classic!

avatar NorCal ToonFan says:

Comedy Chuck…nice.
    I’ll be sure not to do that. I’ll play it safe and just bring black clothing along. :)

avatar Chuck says:

Chuck says:
    May 21, 2010 at 8:57 pm

“Whats the origin of the Savaloy, is it purely a Geordie thing, never seen it elswhere in the UK.”

You can get them all over the UK, Chuck. If anything, they’re even more popular down where I am in Cockneyland.

avatar richietoon says:

A mackem has died whilst training to be a skydiver,sources at The Newcastle School of Skydiving say they have no idea why his snorkle and flippers did not open!!

avatar workyticket says:

Hmmm, I think it comes from ‘Servelat’, and has Swiss German origins?

avatar geordie deb says:

geordie deb says:
    May 21, 2010 at 9:46 pm

“SJT – re SJH and AShley, I remember reading somewhere that they met on the Saturday at Twickenham at some big Rugby game, where SJH offered his share of NUFC to AShley, but he was told the deal had to be concluded by the monday. Ashley knew he didnt have time to carryout due diligence but took a risk on the size of any potential debt as he wanted NUFC.
    Can’t remember where I read it, but clearly Hall wanted out asap as the chickens were coming home to roost.”

Bang on, Deb.

avatar geordie deb says:

Do you remember that article as well Worky?

avatar Big Dave says:

Meant to add that it clearly states MA saying he didnt do DD due to the Time Scale. I know FFS deserves alot of stick for his part, But it is obvious he wasn’t the only one making the stupid decesions, and I allways notice that SJH seems to get away scot free most times

avatar geordie deb says:

Quite right big Dave. The Halls and Shepherds milked the club dry for years. The entire families had their snouts in the troughs. From what I remember they only ever invested a couple of million out of their own pockets, yet walked away with tens of millions when the club was sold and god knows how much in wages and dividends over the years. Couldn’t see SJH for dust when it was obvious that the coffers were empty.The gravy train had ended and he was indecent in his haste to get out.

avatar sirjasontoon says:

A big Rugby Game…….wow this deal must have been serious….YAWN.
    Imagine you are one of the Richest men in Retail the UK….you meet a Man at a big rugby game and you broker a deal to buy a Football Club…….worth millions that has/must to be concluded by monday without due diligence ? (why because of all the interest from Dubai and america?)
    BULLSHIT-Business men with MA’s Credentials would not do that !
    Quoting articles from the Chronicle as though they are fact…..ZZZZZZZZZZ

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Hope the above makes sense Just came back from a massive netball game in Dudley sponsored by our friends AMSTEL and just bought loads of shares in a big oil company planning to dig for oil in the pennines….zzzz

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Tick Tock Tick Tock Big Dave……the heads of global business where standing in line all the way down to byker metro cash in hand all ready to buy the club…..a deal must be struck Now Mr Ashley,it’s now or never…forget Due Diligence Just sign here Fella.

No I think MA being one of the top retailers in the UK wouldn’t of fell for that and bunged his millions up a dead ducks arse.

avatar Widowmaker says:

A man who couldn’t care less to do due diligence when spending millions investing. Now we know how profiting retail and import must be. :D

avatar sirjasontoon says:

When you can wack on a 70% off tag on at the factory and you own the rights to the brand then you have yourself a big pocket full off NUMBERWANG :)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

TYPO ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!! Pocket Full of NUMBERWANG-My typing has sucked today – way more than a starving oriental sports direct sewing machinist trying to make ends meet on a balmy May evening

avatar toonsy says:

SJT – It’s not just the Chronicle, of which that particular article quotes from the club magazine what Ashley wrote in. There are many many more articles all over the place, even from The Guardian, The Times all the way down to The Mirror and The Sun that all reference the lack of due diligence.

He may have had a small idea, but without looking at the books he may not have known just what was liable to be paid immediately, ie, most of the £70 million worth of debt we had at the time, or what was hidden beneath the surface.

I suggest you look at this> http://www.nufc-finances.org.uk/

avatar sirjasontoon says:

Toonsy don’t believe all you read or hear mate it is dangerous, always question,question again,think about it and keep the mind and your senses free to make your own personal judgement.

You mention many broadsheets as back up and they all tell lies anyway on a daily basis so we can ignore them.

Here is an example I after some racehorses 5 of them in all to breed and race over the next few years…I see just the 5 I am looking for on ebay for cool £1 Million,it seems like a fantastic deal (A too good to be true deal) and there is a Buy it now option…do I click buy it Now or do a do some research and call my good friends Alex Ferguson,Mick Quinn and Michael Owen first just to make sure it is the right decision?

Mike knows some of the best lawyers,solicitors etc in Town…surely you would make that call Toonsy…otherwise you would have to file yourself under the category PRIZE IDIOT??

Not you by the way I am referring to MA.

NUMBERWANG :)

geordie deb says:
    May 21, 2010 at 10:34 pm

“Do you remember that article as well Worky?”

Yes, Deb. I remember what was said, but you jogged my memory about the little incidental details. Thanks for that.

Big Dave says:
    May 21, 2010 at 10:51 pm

“and I allways notice that SJH seems to get away scot free most times”

Football apart, he completely bolloxed up one the the most beautiful provincial city centres in the country for years with that awful monstrosity of his in Gatesheed. I remember how sad it made me to see the decay in the city of my birth with all those beautiful Regency buildings boarded up. The boss eyed Thatcherite get!

May 22, 2010 at 2:47 am

“way more than a starving oriental sports direct sewing machinist trying to make ends meet on a balmy May evening”

So I take it that you won’t be buying any sweatshop made Adidas or Puma Newcastle United shirts ever again, Sir Jason? ;-)

avatar sirjasontoon says:

I haven’t bought a Toon top in years my Dad has bought me the last 3 Worky as Xmas presents….I don’t know how he can live with himself TBH.

On with the show as they say…nothing to see here….

avatar sirjasontoon says:

P.S Call me Jason…the sirjasontoon was generated randomly by BBC 606 site as somebody already had jasontoon and so it stuck :)

SJT sounds better ;)