Boukhelifa having trial at Newcastle.

Posted on September 5th, 2010 | 225 Comments |

Nacim Boukhelifa - On trial at Newcastle.
Nacim Boukhelifa - On trial at Newcastle.
Chris Hughton has today confirmed that 19-year-old attacking midfielder Nacim Boukhelifa is training with the Newcastle squad.

The former Racing Lens prospect caused a stir when he was photographed at Darsley Park before the transfer window closed, but as Boukhelifa is currently not attached to any club it means that he can be signed outside of the transfer window.

Boukhelifa is not the first trialist we have had over the last few weeks, and he won’t be the last as Newcastle look to get the next generation of Toon stars sorted out. The focus is on the future at Newcastle, and giving our lack of forward planning over the last few years, the move is a welcome one.

“He is a lad that we’ve got on trial at the moment and he is training with the development squad,” Hughton confirmed to the Sunday Sun.

“We’re taking a closer look at him and if he is good enough then we’ll assess the situation. At the moment we’re keeping an eye on him and seeing how he progresses.

Newcastle did much the same with Billy Knott, the former Chelsea left-back prospect, although not a lot more has been heard about him in all honesty, much to my disappointment as I did have a load of rope pun based headlines lined up for the lad.

Hughton has also hinted that there will be more young players coming to Newcastle for trials throughout the season.

“What will happen at development level throughout the season is that we will have promising players in on trial and the young French lad is one of those that we’ve decided to take a look at,” Hughton said.

Growing our own players looks like it will be a very important part of the future of our club, and there is nothing wrong with that as long as the focus isn’t only on bringing through youth players. The balance needs to be right, and sometimes, a lot of the time actually, money will still need to be spent.

However, even if one or two first team players are good enough to break into the first-team after coming through the academy and development squad then it will save the club some money in the long run as those players won’t need to be bought.

That is the theory anyway!

NUFCBlog Author: toonsy toonsy has written 643 articles on this blog.

1. I suppose so, as happy as I was with the transfer window I just can’t believe with didn’t sign a left back.

2. As well be looking at the back of smith when his contract comes to year left and in two or three years Nolan and Barton may be getting on having Gutrhie, Vukic, Gosling etc makes sense

3. Nothing wrong with having lots of good young players in our team, they will either get to play for the Toon or be sold on to other clubs, especially if we get them on a freebie & make some profit, no problems with that at all :)

4. JAY JAY c.h.must rate him more highly than young fergie as it seems hes going out on loan,i wont judge the lad yet m8

5. Jay Jay – So with out extremely low budget, who would you expect to get to be backup for Enrique, some who IS good enough in your eyes & is willing to sit on the bench, because Enrique is defo 1st choice & his backup would not get a lot of playing time I’m guessing, so who do you think would do that?????

6. icedog, he’s doing a reat job at preent, lets hope it stays that way when Benny Arfa & Tiote come into the frame this coming weekend, some players noses are going to be put out but imo think Ch has a handle on them :)

jay jay – Give Perch a chance fella, that game against Rangers was one of his first for the Toon & he was geting use to playing with our already steady team, so may have looked like a fish (excuse the pun) out of water but now he’s starting to mould into the team quite nicely & I think he’ll stead himself in whatever position he’s asked to play.. :)

7. Jay jay – well currently, we have Enrique, Kadar, Perch, Fergusion who can play in that left back slot, so not sure who else you’d like apart from Evra.. ;)

8. Well Simpson will be back soon, so he’ll probably go back into the RB position as Perch is so versatile, CH may want to bench him & use him in any of those positions!!!

Kadar has played very well as cover in LB, I know his natural position is CB but as we already have Colo, Sol, Williamsons & s.Tayls for CB, CH may well see Kadar as cover for the LB position!! :(

9. One thing about Perch, well two technically, but his distribution and crossing is much better than Simpson’s!

10. Rangerman I agree.

As much as Wise was a figure of public hate, it encouraged me to think the club had a real statement of intent to sign promising, exciting young players.

11. Has anybody else seen Paul Dummett play. He is our reserve LB and still a young lad. Looked quite confident, strong defender, header of the ball ect but also could get up the left flank a bit. Anybody watched him? Do you think he could be good enough? I personally think Ferguson is a tad lightweight to play there and although I don’t agree most people seem to think Kadar won’t be able to play there. Short memories perhaps, remember Robbie Elliot, he was good for cover, better than a RB anyway.

12. lads most teams will have problem areas..until we lose enrique too injury..we wont no who is going to play thier….25 man squad is right..top teams get injuries they might not have that much cover in them areas..man city lose tevez and adbeyor..what have they got they would be in serious trouble the rest are not goal scorers..specialy the way they play..they are going for the league and the rest dont give them options of goals..liverpool no cover in left back or at right back would have to move thier players around and i could go around most clubs..but at this minute we are in safe hands then even most teams even the top clubs.

13. asim,

14. dont score goals..djg thats why people go over the top on players who cost money..none of these could get in their sides..doesnt say much for your thinking..at this minute carrol is the most talked about player who would get in any1 side but doesnt mean shit..unless he proves it and does it week and week out..them players u have side makes u no nothing about football if u think they should be in front of carrol.

15. Would be a good signing if he lives up to the name of Whizz kid that has been mentioned a lot. It seems like we are building for the future so that when our other centre mids become to old to keep up with the pace of premier league. Not having a go at any centre mids at our club but it seems in with the new to prepare for the future.

16. where is every 1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

17. Houllier makes sense, Shame i wanted them to really make a reet hash of it

Something like Joe Kinnear assisted by Marcelino and Mick Wadsworth with Mike Hooper as goalkeeping coach and Harold Shipman as physio… ;)

18. batty says:
    September 5, 2010 at 4:21 pm

“then he dozes off agen”

Sorry batty, some knacka from Saudi is driving me mad with a currency transaction, and I was busy with that.

19. 48 batty says:
    September 5, 2010 at 4:58 pm
    mentioning knackas wheres dog

just got off the roof ye left me on hitman got me doon

20. asim says:
    September 5, 2010 at 1:22 pm

“lads most teams will have problem areas..until we lose enrique too injury..we wont no who is going to play thier”

Mr versatility, James Perch, perhaps? He has played in just about every position in defence and midfield, and he can even play in goal.

21. batty says:
    September 5, 2010 at 5:19 pm

“worky i have an old john gibson toon book here signed by all the 69 winning cup team how much di yi reckon ile get for it ?”

Batty, I remember something about signed shirts from the same gang, so I looked it up for you. It’s not a book, but it’s £139 on a “Buy it Now”.

22. asim, jay jay –

So you guys think Adabeyor is a great goalscorer, I can’t remember the last time I saw him score a goal tbh. The point I was trying to make was that Man City still have ample cover and strenght and depth in their squad in players like Jo and Balotelli who can come on if he is injured. Man City have 10 players who can score a goal on the pitch at any one time, I would class Adabeyor as more of a target tbh, but must show ‘how little I know about football’ compared to you eh.

23. Less than a week til Benny boys debut, I know im deluding mesel thinking he’ll start but IMO this is the best match to chuck him in, Blackpool still are despite Whams best efforts, The weakest side in the league and we have to beat these clubs at home.

It took Hughton nigh on 6 months last season to start going for teams at home, We dont need Smith at home against the whipping boys, Lets have Benny playing off Carroll, Nolan in with Barton and Raylor at right back and really go for em…

24. Ice im not saying they are easy touch, They were the only team that beat us last season when we had Saylor and Colo in the side but we need to take points off these clubs preferably 3 at home

25. Even if Jo was good(I divnt rate him personally) we’d never sign him cos his names too short………nae money to be made wi people getting it on their shirts ;-) :lol:

26. worky………jay jays been cheating on the FF,it’s the only reasonable explanation for him being above me :-)

27. Evening all tis nice to see Ice got home safe after them 2 c@nt leading him astray, Batts like yer style mate ye got £100 for the lead and ye had the cheek to give Ice a fiver ;)
    Talking about c@nts where’s Toonsy :lol:

September 5, 2010 at 5:55 pm

How’s the official NUFCBlog.org fantasy football league gannin’ ATM?

Great, I broke into the top 272 last weekend… :roll:

29. DJG says:
    September 5, 2010 at 1:33 pm
    asim,

They still have Jo, Roque Santa Cruz and Mario Balotelli after that mate. lol. Any of those would likely be our first choice striker.<<<<< adebayor is a far better striker than the 1st 2 check it oot

30. 10 players who can score a goal..richards deong toure brothers and johnson has scored 1 goal for city that doesnt make them have 10 scores in the team..all thier goals came from the front players last season and the rest cant score goals and them players are in the team.facts

31. djg every1 is mostly playing the same squads..the 25 man has made it easier for teams like us..so what man city have got them to come of the bench..we have still got the same as them..only difference is they payed more for forwards then we did..but they are failers..and trying to say jo to come of the bench to make a difference u are the 1 lol as u put it.have they got a better winger then ben arfa not in a million years none of the wingers they got is direct..they come in and cant run at playrs on the outside..

32. AYE JAY JAY thats true on the drink,but he only eats in 5star hotels on nights oot like,save up m8 in case you win

33. hi everyone im new on here. been following the blog for a couple of weeks now and enjoyed reading all your posts.

34. BIG DAVE lol,that guy battys inside man,sod left me to fix the scooter still havent got me fiver,getting it 10p a week

35. gary77 says:
    September 5, 2010 at 7:28 pm

“hi everyone im new on here. been following the blog for a couple of weeks now and enjoyed reading all your posts.”

Glad to have you aboard, Gary. Stay away from batty though, he’s radged.

36. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 7:51 pm

“Worky where’s Toonsy today mate do ye know”

I was just thinking he’s been gannin’ AWOL alot. Just checkin’ me e.mails, see if there’s any clues there…

37. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:12 pm

“Worky its just not like him to go missing, I hope everything is ok with him”

Again, I was thinking the same thing Dave. He’s hardly been sending any e.mails either recently.

38. power ranger says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:09 pm

“what happened to wesley ngo baheng? i thought he was meant to be good”

I think he was released, power ranger.

39. Aye he was on earlier……..think yesterday he said he had been doing alot of work related stuff at home.maybe the same today?

40. Ice I noticed he was on for a short while, I hope we havn’t been slagging him to much :( , or else Batty is paying him to case churches for you’s to rob while he is out driving ;)

41. batty says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:35 pm

“worky ile donate an old pair of me toon boxer shorts signed by me and unwashed of course as a prize”

LOL batty. I was thinking about slinging in my Kevin Keegan record. It’s got a canny picture sleeve of him with his bubble perm like.

42. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:40 pm

“Batty @ 125 it would be funny if Stuart won them with you 2 be so close”

I was just thinking of a night oot with batty and Stardust if he won it.

43. batty says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:42 pm

“worky last i heard from toongrame he had split with mis wife and losing his hoose like just wonderd how he was gannin on”

Poor gadgie, hope he’s ok. I know how he must feel ATM like.

September 5, 2010 at 8:42 pm
    Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:40 pm

“Batty @ 125 it would be funny if Stuart won them with you 2 be so close”

I was just thinking of a night oot with batty and Stardust if he won it.<<<<< aye stu and star would be none stop argueing and ide strangle the pair of them :)

45. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:54 pm

“Worky do you have any bairns”

No, not yet. All the lasses I’ve been with never seem to want them. I just reaching the stage where I want to settle down.

September 5, 2010 at 8:59 pm
    batty says:
    September 5, 2010 at 8:56 pm

“worky u still visiting the hospital m8 ?”

Not much, batty. Just every now and again.<<<< longest dose of clap ive ever seen :lol: only joking

47. BIG DAVE,ime getting on nee more roofs for that trick,that fiver give it to battys favorite charity for me its the keep ashley rich fund

48. Worky so yer getting broddy mate ;) it will be worth the wait

DJG > nothing doing this week. What we gonna talk about the wall fixings

you decide ;)

49. see that new m/city player stopped by cops,asked why he had 5grand in his pocket,he said well i can ime rich,these guys live in a diff world

50. icedog says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:12 pm
    see that new m/city player stopped by cops,asked why he had 5grand in his pocket,he said well i can ime rich,these guys live in a diff world<<<<< bit like me that :lol:

51. DJG says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:15 pm
    We need Stardust<<<< ive always sed wen stardust is on a blog people craw oot of the woodwork just too argue with him

52. DJG says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:04 pm

“nothing doing this week. What we gonna talk about the wall fixings. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz”

We need KK and Dennis Wise back, and Fat Freddy on the sidelines.

53. Ice just as well Batty never stopped him with 5 grand in his pocket :)

54. Cop: Why’ve you got 5 grand in your pocket you been selling drugs.

Man City player: No thats the change from my new diamond ear studs officer.

55. BATTY funny that m8 banned from here comments have gone up,now hes on eds comments have gone doon,cannot work it oot

56. jay jay.

Ive only seen him play twice m8 and I thought he was decent, scored in on of the games. If you read asims comments up the page you would probably have a better grasp of the argument. I dont get your fixation on Jo. Lets agree to disagree eh.

57. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm
    Ice just as well Batty never stopped him with 5 grand in his pocket
    Batty in some ways I fell a bit sorry for MA I really do think he had good intentions for us, But I think his biggest mistake was getting shot of BSA without a replacement in place ready to go, I know he tried to get Arry but I think it should have been sorted before kicking BSA out<<<<< sorry dave kna i divent and his biggest mistake was taking that little scrawny tw@ts side against sir kev ,but i do feel abit sorry for his kids because they have him as a father

58. icedog says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:22 pm
    BATTY funny that m8 banned from here comments have gone up,now hes on eds comments have gone doon,cannot work it oot <<<< they have gone up cos iam back :)

59. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:19 pm

“Batty in some ways I fell a bit sorry for MA I really do think he had good intentions for us, But I think his biggest mistake was getting shot of BSA”

He couldn’t stand him, Dave. They were like KK and Dennis Wise. Can’t blame him for that though!

60. Worky I dont blame him for getting shot of BSA just not having someone lined up before getting shot, as I think it could have been so different, but I still think in some ways relegation has been a god send

61. Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:35 pm
    Worky I dont blame him for getting shot of BSA just not having someone lined up before getting shot,<<<< the only thing he had lined up was lines of the white stuff on the bar dave

62. icedog says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:55 pm
    BIG DAVE we always miss oot.

still nee toonsy,batty should have left his mrs alone<<<<Big Dave says:
    September 5, 2010 at 6:12 pm
    Batts that was a bit rough mate<<<< if a didnt know better ide think u 2 were trying too get me banned had enough of me already :)

63. DJG says:
    September 5, 2010 at 9:15 pm
    We need Stardust / I love Mike to have a more balanced debate”

hahaha get in, got a fan club! Its actually something I said the other day about stardust, though at time he came across, well, everyone know how he came across, but quite a lot of the time he did have some good, differing, opinions, most of which were valued and reasoned.

It irritates me when people come on here with the obvious aim of having a go at people, swearing and generally being insulting, and then legitimising it as being ‘their opinion’, and therefore, should be valued as much as anyone else’s. Well quite frankly, that’s a load of crap.

If a blog is to thrive and to be successful, yes, people need to come together with differing opinions and debate/discuss these differing positions. However the whole basis of debate/discussion is that opinion is based within reasoned judgement, and it is this aspect where this blog sometimes falls.

If reader come on and see that the discussion is purely a slagging match of irrational opinion, it lowers the standards of the blog and overall people wont engage in debate, they will go somewhere else. For toonsy and worky – as well as others – who have obviously put so much work into creating a fantastic blog, it would be incredibly sad for them for their work to be spoiled by a small minority.

Freedom of speech comes with great responsibility, the responsibility to be understanding and tolerant of others, and the responsibility not to incite differential hatred.

64. canny post ILM to be fair every blog I look at has that small minority,unfortunately ya just have to put up wit them.
    Is it 3pm saturday yet?? I’m getting all excited.