Newcastle v Sunderland video highlights and post match interviews.

Posted on October 31st, 2010 | 70 Comments |

20 minute extended highlights from today’s 5-1 demolition of Sunderland, where Hughton and the lads did us proud with no less than five goals against the Mackems..

Featuring a “fat-trick” from Kevin Nolan and two further goals from “Goala” Ameobi, including an excellent, unreachable penalty.

Chris Hughton post match interview.

The Cockney Colossus describes what a “special” day this has been for himself and the team, hails the persistance and drive of his players, but expresses some slight disappointment at the Mackem’s late consolation goal.

Steve Bruce post match interview.

No “Brucey bonus” for Steve this time. He describes his team’s performance as a “horror show” and he’s as mad as hell!

UPDATE: Kevin Nolan post match interview.

Kevin Nolan on that silly Chicken dance, why Hughton is the future and more…

HWTL!

NUFCBlog Author: workyticket workyticket has written 1055 articles on this blog.

1. Darren Bent’s most recent tweet :lol:

“Just wanna apologise to all the fans who went to the game and watched else where. Didn’t go the way we wanted. We are hurting too. We promise too put this right. Starting with stoke next week”

2. Worky “fat-trick” that is a classic mate I also liked the “Goala” and “Brucey bonus” mate are you on the funny stuff :) or just on a natural high ;)

3. We needed this to be honest. Hopefuly this will sort the home form out.

Couldn’t believe how bad they were though. We could have won by 8 or 9 in the end.

4. Just back from the game! Amazing! Totally unexpected! Timmy only had 2 saves to make – and both of those were late in the 2nd half and neither was spectacular. They were awful! Andy Carroll was awesome , even though he didn’t score himself, Joey Barton’s best game for us by far – everyone was excellent – Shola, Cheik, Colo – just brilliant.
    PS Anybody know what Steve the Bruise is going on about a deflected shot? All the goals I saw were deflected off the back of the net!

5. PPS
    Popular song in the Gents bog after the match – “We all live in Kevin Nolan’s House, Kevin Nolan’s House, Kevin Nolan’s House!” – Love it!

6. You think it’s a coincidence that we played with Ranger and Carroll up front last season against Ipswich and Nolan scored a hat-trick and again today, two big lads up front and again, hatrick?

I hope people don’t start having a go and Carroll when he doesn’t score because like Ipswich, the defenders were petrified of him today, so much so at times they had two defenders on him, leaving space for others to score un-marked, like Nolan today.

It’s almost like the Heskey factor people used to talk about with England, he does all the donkey work and gets the knocks for other to benefit from.

Awesome result lads!

7. Stuart

I agree. I saw them at Blackburn a little while ago and they couldn’t string more than about 3 passes together, but I thought they were just having an off day. However, the way we played them off of the park and dominated the midfield today (4 against 5) just shows how below par their team is. Zero creativity and they just rely on their full backs to punt balls up the channels for Bent to run on to. It was embarrassing for them and they provided precious little threat.

8. ILM – Carrol was awesome, absolutely awesome! He might not have scored but he won everything in the air, held up the ball well and brought everyone into the game.

We have a real gem here.

Also credit to Strolla, he played pretty well too. They seem to play well together.

9. Stuart79 – he also had some strong surging runs towards goal – one led to Tit S Bramble’s red card and another to a free- kick on the edge of the box. It was his header against the bar that led to Shola’s second.
    He was awesome as you say – and I’m not normally given to hyperbole (going OTT). The much-vaunted Sunderland defence just couldn’t cope with him.

10. I agree I thought AC was MOTM Bent may be worth £12m and Gyan £13m but AC, on that performance, is priceless

11. AndyMac says:
    October 31, 2010 at 7:13 pm

“Toonsy its only the first hald highlights. Check the other site for full match highlights or I’ll give you an edited version tomorrow.”

Sorted now, Andy. Will try to get some more extensive highlights up tomorrow if I can.

Thanks!

12. Apperently, the club has offered Hughton a contract but Hughton has turned down a contract because it isn’t good enough.

13. “Sorted now, Andy. Will try to get some more extensive highlights up tomorrow if I can”

Soz Worky thought it was Toonsy. Anyway I have that highlights vid but its 12Mb so might take you a while to load. I’ll try to make a proper highlights version from MOTD2 tonight if you want a copy let me know.

14. If we can go like this to Arsenal, the gunners will find us a different opposition to what they found in midweek. If we get decent possession and crosses into the box surely we can get something with questionable defence.

15. Guys,have you noticed that all our recent goals have come either as a result of crosses or setpieces?
    Today 2 were from corners and 1 from a cross.1 was a slightly fortunate one for the 2nd and one was a pen
    West ham-both were from crosses
    Wigan-one from a cross and one from a corner
    Manc-was a result of guti following up his own initial cross
    Stoke-penalty
    Everton-no words to describe an absolute belter by benny boy
    Wolves-set piece
    Villa-3 goals were from corners,one from a cross,one a beauty from joey and the last one was an amazing goal from AC.
    Stanley-one beauty from raylor and a good goal from loven and dont actually remember the 3rd one.
    Chelsea-one brilliant set piece by raylor,one from a cross,one long ranger from strolla and another from a corner.
    Not to be a doom monger,am actually a very optimistic person and have absolutely no complaints abt today and is beyond words to describe their efforts but am kinda worried that we are getting goals only from a single dimension.wat do you guys reckon?

16. can I just say, regarding supermac’s comments about Hughton’s team selection against Aresnal;

SHOVE THAT UP YOUR WRINKLY ARSE!

You honestly think that if we picked the exact same players for both games, we could have played with the same intensity and energy today? The answer is no! Everyone can see it, it’s perfectly sensible, so I don’t get where he was coming from saying he couldn’t understand it! Tool!

17. Deepak

I agree a lot of our goals come from wide areas, but when you have players like Carroll, Nolan and Ameobi in the final third surely that is the best form of attack, is it not?

18. deepak is a indian toon says:
    October 31, 2010 at 7:55 pm

Guys,have you noticed that all our recent goals have come either as a result of crosses or setpieces?”

Mate, me and toonsy talked about that at the begining of the season. I said I fancy us to get loads of goals this season as we are the biggest team I can remember us being for years, and so I have been proven right.

TOOT TOOT (that’s me bowing my own trumpet :D)

19. Deepak you’re right to say that but when you have a player of AC’s calibre its madness not to make full use of his ability to head balls in the box. Plus Shola’s no slouch with his head either.

As I’ve said before if we have no pace then we need lots of crosses and we need players who can deliver which is why Perch and Routledge are not in the team.

JB has proved what an asset he has become with his delivery its just a shame he’s not really an out and out right winger. Having said that the midfield, with Nolan and Barton plus Jonas at times, are all capable of finding space in or around the box while the opposition are looking out for the big guys.

So in the absence of pace and HBA (God bless him) this is probably as good as it gets – which aint bad IMO

20. SO69 – That really wouldn’t suprise me. I think he’s on something ridiculous like 120k a year. Average manager pay in PL is about 800k a year. The club won’t give him a pay rise that high I imagine.

What I would say is that I feel Hughton could well walk away, he would walk into another job on the back of what he’s achieving here and it would be a travesty for us if he left.

21. El toro-right mate but what worries me is that if the quality supply line of crosses drains out or is cut off,we might very well struggle to score goals.kinda wat happened against stoke i think.
    ILM-Happy for you mate,actually dont care where the goals come as long as they keep coming but slightly worried about the way the majority have been coming in so far

22. “What I would say is that I feel Hughton could well walk away, he would walk into another job on the back of what he’s achieving here and it would be a travesty for us if he left”

Stu I could be wrong but werent you on CH’s case a little while ago ?

23. Andymac-true mate.as i said i really dont care as to how the goals come,just worried tat if this tactic does not work in a match,then i have not seen too much evidence of us having other means to unlock a defence.

24. Stuart I think CH would have to be sacked or left with no other option because of pressure from Fans etc before he would go. I really couldn’t see him walk out because of money, I just dont think he is money motivated, or money would be the be all or end all with him.

25. Stuart79 says:
    October 31, 2010 at 8:04 pm

“SO69 – That really wouldn’t suprise me. I think he’s on something ridiculous like 120k a year. Average manager pay in PL is about 800k a year. The club won’t give him a pay rise that high I imagine.”

He’s on around £250,000 per annum, Stuart, which is still very low, and the average for the Premier League is higher than £800,000 per annum. Until Hughton came along, Phil Brown was about the lowest paid manager when Hull were in the Premiership, and he received around £500,000, which he spent mostly on sunbeds.

26. I am so ecstatically happy today, this is a game that will be remembered for years to come. Even better cos the plastic makkem Steve Bruce got fettled big time.

What can you say about CH, the guy carries himself with so much dignity, and always praises others before accepting any kind of praise himself. Is there a hidden agenda somewhere, and this contract extension threat just a ploy to keep everyone on there toes, players included ? Surely MA cannot be that dim..

27. Andy – no, I’ve not been on his case. I was a little bit critical of the team at the start of last year but I’ve never once said he should go or anything like that.

Worky – How do you know the average salary is higher than 800k? Baring in mind the likes of Blackpool, WBA, Wigan, Stoke and Blackburn don’t pay very high salaries. Either way, Hughton is on a pittance and considering the job he’s done I think its nothing short of scanderlous of the club to insult the guy. Although very typical.

28. Toonsy…what was the atmosphere like in the ground today, came across really well on the tele, electric

29. Munich Mag says:
    October 31, 2010 at 8:27 pm

“I love the “Goala” Ameobi touch, it’s about time he got the respect he deserves, he was awesome today, and his second goal an absolute corker. On his day he can be absolutely brilliant…”

He’s a victim of his rather shambling gait and being a perrenial late sub. People look at his goal stats and think that he doesn’t score many. What they don’t realise is that because most of his appearences have been as a later sub, his minutes per goal scored ratio isn’t as quite as bad as some might think.

30. What’s up the Hughton’s two tone heed? Left is grey and the right is black. Hilarious. Brilliant game for so many reasons. Nice cap to the weekend. HWTL!!

31. Worky…that Hughton interview is the one after the Carling game is it not?
    ;-)

Toonsy…ya tek ya “special” friend home wi ya? :lol:

32. Stuart79 says:
    October 31, 2010 at 8:30 pm

“Worky – How do you know the average salary is higher than 800k? Baring in mind the likes of Blackpool, WBA, Wigan, Stoke and Blackburn don’t pay very high salaries.”

Allardyce gets around £2 million at Blackburn, Grunty Granty gets well over a million an Wet Spam, Brucie Bonus gets a high salary too. Then of course, there’s the big boys at the top with their 3/4/5/6 millions per annum.

33. Dave – There was a lad who I think had special needs sat next to me and he semede to take a shine to me :)

34. Internet seems really fast tonight – can’t be too many mackems online im guessin!!!

hahahahahahaha

35. Rich – He nearly sent me flying over the wall when we scored the fourth. I standing up as Carroll hit the bar and Shoal hit the rebound in and he flung himself at me whilst I was off-balance.

See what happens when I go to fotball matches? I bring joy :)

36. K Stuart I’ve also been critical of CH particularly playing Nolan as a support striker but just as SBR used to do, maybe Hoots finds the right way in the end ? As I’ve said before we need to play to our strengths and AC, Shirley are probably two of the tallest strikers in this division.

BTW the crowd played its part today so much more than at previous home games. So if people question today’s performance (wondering where it came from) maybe the answer lies somewhere in the crowds support. This is how it should be, no booing just backing.

37. Wonder what happened to the streaker? why did the stewards not do anything, they just let him get on with it haha

38. fourfouroneone says:
    October 31, 2010 at 6:32 pm
    batty – so much for your doom and gloom prediction that we’d pick up nee points at west ham or against the scum <<< stop lieing i said we would beat the scum fool

39. AndyMac says:
    October 31, 2010 at 9:13 pm

“So if people question today’s performance (wondering where it came from) maybe the answer lies somewhere in the crowds support.”

It lies in much hard work, Andy. They will be erratic at first, but they will become more consistent as time passes, with more performances like today’s and the one against Aston Villa.

40. lol Richie has a big………. ;)

Cant believe the unwashed have only scored 7 goals this season the joint lowest lol

41. Aye Toonsy, spread the joy ;-)

TF….I divnt streak anymore, me knees get bruised when the beast is unleashed :lol:

42. AYE, All Hail a fresh, new Toon side !!

All eyes on CH new contract, we want him to stay. Mike Ashley dont mess it up this time !

U sold Given, Parker etc etc, CH shdnt be the victim of ur dumbness !