Newcastle United vs Norwich City match highlights and post match interviews

Highlights of today’s game between the Magpies and Chris Hughton’s Norwich City.

Newcastle United vs Norwich City extended highlights, post match interviews and report.

A rather uninspiring match from both sides, with Newcastle seemingly having difficulties getting started in both halves and Chris Hughton seemingly still tinkering around with his new Norwich side somewhat as he try to find the right balance. However, once again it was moment of excellence from Ben Arfa in the form of a brilliant defence splitting pass to in form striker, Demba Ba, who finished it off with his usual composure. Something which wasn’t the case with his partner in crime, Papiss Cisse. His wildly off target penalty, won for a push on Mike Williamson by Steve Morison in the area just before half time is currently troubling satellites in the upper atmosphere!

Post match interviews

Alan Pardew post match interview.

Chris Hughton post match interview.

Teams / Match facts.

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Steve Harper (G), James Perch, Mike Williamson, Steven Taylor, Davide Santon, Hatem Ben Arfa (Shola Ameobi 85), Vurnon Anita (Gabriel Obertan 69), Yohan Cabaye, Jonas Gutierrez (C), Papiss Cisse, Demba Ba.

Subs: Rob Elliot (G), James Tavernier, Gael Bigirimana, Cheick Tiote, Sammy Ameobi, Gabriel Obertan, Shola Ameobi.

Norwich CIty (4-5-1): John Ruddy, Russell Martin (c), Sebastien Bassong (Michael Turner 8), Leon Barnett, Javier Garrido; Robert Snodgrass, Bradley Johnson, Jonny Howson, Andrew Surman (Simeon Jackson 82), Wes Hoolahan; Steve Morison (Grant Holt 69).

Subs: Mark Bunn (G), Michael Turner, Ryan Bennett, Alexander Tettey, Anthony Pilkington, Grant Holt, Simeon Jackson.

Score / Goal scorers.

Newcastle United 1 (Ba 19), Norwich City 0

Yellow cards: Jonny Howson (88), Cheick Tiote (89),

Red cards: None.

Referee: Neil Swarbrick.

Attendance: 49,402.

Poll

avatar NUFCBlog Author: workyticket workyticket has written 1048 articles on this blog.

27 Responses to “Newcastle United vs Norwich City match highlights and post match interviews”

avatar chris says:

we have played 5 games and only 2 scores we could do with an goal scoring midfielder up to now ba has been the man with benny take them 2 out and we are going to strugle to get goals

avatar workyticket says:

chris, it was Benny who made all the difference with that pass to Ba for the goal.

avatar Steve says:

Have we not scored in four out of five matches with chelsea the only one we have not?? Could have sworn we have!!

avatar Jimbob says:

Steve, I think Chris means we’ve only had two scorers Ba and Ben Arfa.

avatar workyticket says:

I’ve added the post match interviews with Pardew and Hughton now. Haven’t managed to get a full match video yet though.

avatar sandybaz says:

We really struggled today against a well organised Norwich but should have killed game off with the penalty.Cisse not at the races at the minute would have put his couple of chances he had away last season.Made hard work of another home game but still another 3 points.Still something not right with team.

avatar workyticket says:

I’ve put some better highlfights up now.

avatar tunyc says:

Cisse is in some horrible form. If he’s completely spent right now he needs to sit while Ba, who’s in form, plays. Better to get him a full couple weeks rest and get right than to play him half strength and damage his confidence.

avatar GS says:

Thanks for the highlights Worky, I was out late and overslept for the game.

Now that was a goal, that Ben Arfa jink and the Ba control and finish! Whatever is said about the rest of the game, that was pure.

avatar GS says:

Just watched the highlights again and that was sublime. That’s why they get paid the big bucks and why I can’t do it.

avatar workyticket says:

I’ve made another post with the 15 minute MOTD highlights and a few other bits, including a fan video of the warm up before the game showing Papiss Cisse trying (and failing) to hit the goal.

avatar workyticket says:

GS says:
    September 24, 2012 at 3:13 am

“Thanks for the highlights Worky”

Nee botha GS. As you can see above, I’ve just put some better 15 minute ones form “Match of the Day” and a few other bits too. Unfortunately, things aren’t looking quite so good for a full match video this time though.

Hope you had a good weekend?

avatar GS says:

Worky: It was actually a very amusing time. I made a CD for a friend and his wife and they said it was shite and stopped listening after 5 songs.

The 5 songs were:

Baba O’Reily
    Flight of the Valkyries
    Shine on you Crazy Diamond
    Starman
    Beethoven’s 9th

There is no pleasing some people. Jerry said he would make me a rap CD to show me what real music is like.

If they had listened a bit more there was other stuff that wasn’t dated in the 1970′s and before, but they didn’t!

avatar GS says:

I haven’t seen Chuck’s review of the game yet. I don’t agree with most of what he says but his reviews are always interesting and very fair. C’mon Chuck.

avatar workyticket says:

Are they the same ones who accused you of being a racist GS?

Beethoven’s 9th is one of the finest creations in the whole of human history, but I suppose there’s no accounting for the tastes of some.

I’ve sourced some new MOTD highlights up now as I noticed that the old ones had been taken down.

avatar GS says:

GS @13: I didn’t sit there with them and force them to listen. They played it in the car and threw it away because it was so shite :)

avatar workyticket says:

GS says:
    September 24, 2012 at 3:46 pm

“I haven’t seen Chuck’s review of the game yet.”

Old Grumpyguts must have been troubling the fish again this weekend because he hasn’t been moaning on here in the past few days.

avatar GS says:

Same one Worky, but Jerry tells me to ignore his wife because she is nuts. I am tending to agree with him at this point :)

avatar GS says:

Funny thing though. AndyMac is much happier in his previews than in his posts. I prefer the preview AndyMac.

avatar GS says:

Same friend asked me if I had “retired” now? The answer is that I don’t want to work with C8nts anymore and can fart around now. Still, I am too young and good looking to retire ;)

avatar workyticket says:

GS, personally, Beethoven’s third is probably my favourite. The second “adagio assai” movement of that is the zenith of all music, a historical milestone in human creativity which expressed a depth and complexity of emotional power which had never been heard before. You don’t get that with Bigee Smalls and Puff Diddly rapping about how many Bentleys and diamond watches they have.

avatar AndyMac says:

GS says:

“Funny thing though. AndyMac is much happier in his previews than in his posts. I prefer the preview AndyMac”

There’s a very simple reason for that GS. Whenever I write a Toon preview I have in my mind the team/performance from West Brom away, Liverpool and Stoke at home during the run of 4-4-3 games.

Then when I’m watching the match, I realise we’re a pale shadow of that team yet the same players (more or less) are on the pitch ?

v Stoke city
    Ben Arfa
    Ba,
    Cissé

avatar AndyMac says:

That’ll be 4-3-3 as I reckon we’d get found out with 4-4-3

avatar GS says:

AndyMac: your Toon previews are the best. Nothing beats them, just unbelievably great.

I mean it.

avatar AndyMac says:

GS says:

“AndyMac: your Toon previews are the best. Nothing beats them, just unbelievably great”

Whaddya want ? :roll:

avatar toontony says:

I think that Andy’s previews, Jimbob’s previews and Worky’s previews are all great and I can’t choose between them. Top stuff lads!