Remy in Toon for medical today

Loic Remy.

Remy – On his way to Newcastle, apparently.

QPR forward Loic Remy is undergoing a medical on Tyneside today (Monday) after terms have been agreed for him to spend a season on loan at Newcastle United.

Speaking after a charity cricket match at Totteridge yesterday, Newcastle United’s Director of football, Joe Kinnear, had this to say about the pursuit of Remy:

“I would think that we are very close to agreeing that. By maybe Monday or Tuesday, we would be in a position to say yes or no.

“I’m very happy with how that deal is going at the moment. I’m very happy with the conversations we’ve had. I’ve been to QPR and spoken to the people who represent him (Remy), and in my opinion there is every chance that the deal could take place.” (full interview here)

Though the the exact terms are uncertain, QPR manager Harry Redknapp had the following to say a couple of days ago on what they would be looking for out of a loan deal for the 26 year old hitman:

“He’s a player who’s going on loan. If you were buying Loic Remy for £8million, which there were clubs to buy him for, if you gave him a four-year contract and he ran that down and was a free agent, he’d cost you £2million a year,” concluding:

“If somebody wants to loan him they’d be entitled to pay £2million for him.”

Previously. Loic Remy has played for Olympique Lyonnais, Lens, Nice and Olympique de Marseille before joining Queens Park Rangers in January of this year, this after famously pulling out of a previous move to Newcastle when he went to play on a Playstation with QPR owner Tony Fernandes instead.

He has played 223 games for the above clubs, scoring 81 goals. He has also played 18 games for the French international side, scoring 4.

Update: Photos of Remi at Newcastle United’s Benton training ground.

Loic Remy in Newcastle.

Loic Remy at Newcastle United’s Bemton training facility.

Loic Remy in Newcastle.

Loic Remy at Newcastle United’s Bemton training facility close-up.

Poll

Will you be buying / have you bought a Wonga shirt for next season?

(view results)

Loading ... Loading ...

avatar NUFCBlog Author: workyticket workyticket has written 1036 articles on this blog.

34 Responses to “Remy in Toon for medical today”

avatar pete_toon says:

Poor lad – his first purchase should be a Tom Tom. He’s finally got here for the medical after 6 months.

avatar sampdiago says:

We need more options,but I dont like remi as a person,he is odd,,and possiblya rapist.He will score goals,but I wish we could buy an englishman to play upfront and stop doing stop gap only fools and horses bids.Surprising nobody like cheik or cabaye had people come in for them…

avatar workyticket says:

Someone on Ed’s blog wrote that they were “jizzing” at the prospect of Remy joining. People really shouldn’t write stuff like that at lunchtime.

sampdiago says:
    August 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm

“We need more options,but I dont like remi as a person,he is odd,,and possiblya rapist.”

Sampdiago, I mentioned this the other day but out of all the professional footballers who have been accused of rape in the past, only one has ever been convicted (Ched Evans) and one was convicted of sexual assault (Marlon King).

avatar joe hawkins says:

Worky, Is that Remy in the Photo?, It doesn’t look like him, He usually looks like a sh*t version of Thierry Henry!
    I think it is a good idea to take him on loan, in the case of him ending up in the stripy hole, And all our work ruined!
    I just hope that greedy cnut Ashley, Doesn’t think, Oh well i have got one on loan, That’ll do for me, And doesn’t bother getting anyone else in.
    That’s always the danger with him, He may now rest on his laurels.

avatar joe hawkins says:

The vast majority of the time, When these lasses cry rape, They are only looking to make a name for themselves, Or they think they are going to get a few bob, Out if it!
    How many of these cases go the distance?, Most of them don’t go anywhere.
    Remember a few year back, When Dickov and a few others were banged up in a Spanish nick, I bet that was an experience and a half!

joe hawkins says:
    August 5, 2013 at 1:15 pm

“How many of these cases go the distance?”

One rape (Ched Evans) and one sexual assault (Marlon King), that’s it.

In the Evens case, the woman didn’t actually remember being raped, but after she was picked up on CCTV staggering around and talking to men on the night in question, it was decided that she was too drunk to consent to sex. Evans still maintians his innocence.

Joe, aye, that original photo was Stephane Mbia, I uploaded the wrong one and didn’t notice until I got back from doing something else!

avatar stevep says:

I don’t care if he’s from Timbuktoo as long as he scores goals – the whole potential rape charge is pretty bad but we’ve covered this by loaning him rather than buying him outright
    Think he’s probably a horrible tw@t and thick as shit but then again I aint thinking about hanging out with him and we’ve had plenty of those types before i.e Bellamy, Dyer, Bowyer, Ranger, Woodgate

stevep says:
    August 5, 2013 at 1:38 pm

“I don’t care if he’s from Timbuktoo”

Steve, there are some very good players indeed in Mali. Sending Joe and Graham to Timbuktu would probably be very productive! They’d have to keep an eye out for local Jihadist militias, though Kinnear would probably frighten them off. :-)

avatar Mothboy says:

If you listen to some feminists all men are “possibly a rapist” but FFS sampdiago sort yourself out man

Mothboy says:
    August 5, 2013 at 2:20 pm

This is the feminist who wrote that all men are rapists. I divven’t think I’d take her on though.

avatar joe hawkins says:

Worky, Most of them don’t realise they have been raped, Until the cheque bounces!
    The majority of these WAGS, What are they really?, They are just a modern version of a high quality Brass, In my book they are just expanding upon the Worlds oldest trade.
    The definition is the same for most of them, They go with footballers to fund a lifestyle choice, Or the money, What does Abbey Clancy see in old “Cyril Sneer” himself, Peter Crouch?, It isn’t his looks or his robotic goal celebration!

Fair do’s if a Footballer want’s to make an honest woman out of them.
    I have nothing against prostitution, And it should be legal, And part of The National Health Service IMO.
    Why should a working girl be looked down her nose at, By all unsundry, When this other mob, Who know exactly what they are doing, Are classed as minor celebrities ffs

I personally fail to see the difference, between WAGS and Brasses!
    Alex Curran is “The Mary Magdelene”, Of the New Age!

avatar dokky says:

wasnt bramble done for some kind of sexual assault?

He was aquitted, dokky.

avatar GS says:

Well, give Pardew enough rope to hang himself with. I thought we wouldn’t get Remy until very near transfer deadline day and I am still hopeful on Gomis.

It is noticeable that we are playing the ball more on the ground in these friendlies, but we know that when Pardew is under pressure he reverts to type and 9 men behind the ball with a lone striker.

Still, at least this may lift some of the gloom. As most have said, we have a decent to good squad who have no reason to be in the bottom half.

avatar joe hawkins says:

Sampdiago, I like the bluntness to your post, “We need more options,I don’t like remy as a person,,he is odd and possiblya rapist”
    I did’t realise you knew the bloke personally!

avatar GS says:

I think I will stay away from the comparison of slags and wags. There have always been groupies around footballers and musicians so I am sure they have a hard time deciding what some of these women want. That is not an excuse, but there must be mixed signals sometimes.

I don’t think Remy has even been charged (yet?).

avatar workyticket says:

GS, the long balls did calm down a bit in the Premier League towards the end of the season, so I think he got my message. :-)

In my little long ball league, Newcastle were just pipped at the end by Stoke:

avatar joe hawkins says:

GS, Groupies, WAGS, Brasses, All know what they are doing, I think it is unfair to hammer a working girl, Then in the same breath make celebrities out of Bebe Buell etc..
    It’s a double standard IMO, It’s a case of “One law for them” situation.
    Every night of the week in Cheshire, There are Clubs that these women target, Because they know Footballers will be there, And they are trying to put the bite on them.
    What’s the difference between that, And a woman Street walking?

joe hawkins says:
    August 5, 2013 at 3:47 pm

“I think it is unfair to hammer a working girl, Then in the same breath make celebrities out of Bebe Buell etc..”

Bebe Buell? That’s gannin’ back a bit, Joe. She’s probably eligible for a bus pass now.

avatar workyticket says:

Remi is in Tyneside having his medical now.

avatar joe hawkins says:

Worky, Your bang on!, She’s 60 years young.
    Who was that young’un Jimmy Page, And a few others were going with?, I have forgot her name.

avatar lesh says:

Long time no visit this site and it’s still as good. Great stuff wormy.

Question though: Is poster joe hawkins, the guy that played the Compass Rose skipper on The Cruel Sea?

avatar joe hawkins says:

The chronic are showing photos of Remy going into the training ground.
    I have got to say i am disappointed, Just for once i would like to see silly season, approximate what fans always talk about.
    When you here of such and such a player, Being seen at a local Airport, Training Ground etc
    I want to see them with the ball under their arm, And their boots slung over their shoulder.
    These f**ker’s are ruining the fantasy, It should be made mandatory.
    Look at Remy, Turns up in a black jumper, Boring cnut!

avatar joe hawkins says:

Lesh, Was that not Jack Hawkins?

joe hawkins says:
    August 5, 2013 at 5:08 pm

“The chronic are showing photos of Remy going into the training ground.”

So am I you daft get, look at the post above.

avatar joe hawkins says:

Worky, i didn’t see it lol.

avatar joe hawkins says:

Worky, you must have changed them over, They were not there earlier.

avatar tunyc says:

Not touching the rape thing with a barge pole (there are some unfortunately offhand comments about it above)- I’m happy enough to have him play his trade here for a season to help out but, honestly, this is probably the most obvious mercenary recruit I’ve ever seen at NUFC.

Good thing that mustachioed guy at Fulham didn’t show up to meet him at the airport with an xbox.

lesh says:
    August 5, 2013 at 5:06 pm

“Long time no visit this site and it’s still as good. Great stuff wormy.”

Wormy? What are you trying to say, Lesh?

Cheers, I think? :-)

joe hawkins says:
    August 5, 2013 at 4:47 pm

“Worky, Your bang on!, She’s 60 years young.
    She was only about 13 years old, At the time, A few of these characters are lucky they are not Saviled up!”

I had an 18 year old groupie once, she’d just done her A-Levels apparently (that wasn’t a risque double entendre joke BTW). Even if you just hang around with famous musicians and DJs it happens.

avatar sampdiago says:

To all you mups who think im just having a go at remi and want to take flack to support him go ahead I will let you suck him off im not interested in that,I am a fan who doesnt respect remi I dont care how much we need a striker I cant get over PlayStation gate how about players who respect the club?

avatar joe hawkins says:

Samdiago, What is a Mup?
    Your entitled to your own opinion, And i agree with you, To an extent, But most modern Footballers are mercenaries.

avatar sampdiago says:

Joe true they are all like that now in the modern game.I wish they would take the pee somewhere else,pro. Remi gets done for over exuberance on a lady or gets injured and we dont loose any money ,con players think nufc is a mug club and the club and the fans swallow the bile and only fools and horses crud.Oh Mup is Muppets for short.